Please Recommend Good Boots

I'm in need of some quality boots for the winter.

I need boots I can wear every day that can handle me walking about 4-6 miles per day. Need to be waterproof and warm. Work boots or hunting boots would be fine, just looking for some recommendations. I'm going to have to walk through snow and on ice sometimes.

Any help? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

5.11 tactical makes some nice, waterproof winterized boots if that's what your looking for, Gander Mtn carries the product line. Phone Post 3.0

Timberland and red wings

Red Wings.

Danner boots. Go to thebreakroom.com for deals. Always buy the American made Danner boots or Red wings or whatever, that is still one thing we do very well, make quality boots. Danner. Phone Post 3.0

Danner, Lowa, Asolo, and Vasque make excellent boots. If you shop around for clearance deals you can get a damn nice pair of boots for a reasonable price. I used to like Merrell, but it seems their quality as of late is on a bit of decline. Phone Post

red wings

Thanks. There's an outdoor place that has some real nice Danner boots (Danner east ridge 8 brown leather) for $220.

I'll be checking out the other recommendations as well.

White's boots. End of story. Nothing else compares. Made in America by hand, not mass produced by sweatshop labor, expensive, but highest quality you can get. Company has been around since the civil war. The guy who made my boots actually called me up when they were finished and getting shipped out.

I have a problem with my left foot being smaller than my right. Always created issues with my feet and store bought boots. White's, you get a order kit, and trace/measure out your foot and leg. They make the boots for you custom. First pair of boots I've not had to break in.

Guy who turned me onto them was a professional hunting guide. He'd had his pair for over 30 years of daily outdoor use (had them rebuilt at one point, they charge around $80 to rebuild their old boots).

I wear the outdoorsmen. Water proof, and somewhat warm, but not enough so that wearing them in summer is uncomfortable. http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=451

I've had mine for 5 years now, but they look brand new. I do use the oil on them fairly regularly and keep them somewhat clean.

Skpotamus - White's boots. End of story. Nothing else compares. Made in America by hand, not mass produced by sweatshop labor, expensive, but highest quality you can get. Company has been around since the civil war. The guy who made my boots actually called me up when they were finished and getting shipped out.

I have a problem with my left foot being smaller than my right. Always created issues with my feet and store bought boots. White's, you get a order kit, and trace/measure out your foot and leg. They make the boots for you custom. First pair of boots I've not had to break in.

Guy who turned me onto them was a professional hunting guide. He'd had his pair for over 30 years of daily outdoor use (had them rebuilt at one point, they charge around $80 to rebuild their old boots).

I wear the outdoorsmen. Water proof, and somewhat warm, but not enough so that wearing them in summer is uncomfortable. http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=451

I've had mine for 5 years now, but they look brand new. I do use the oil on them fairly regularly and keep them somewhat clean.

This.

I've been wearing Whites Semi Dress as my every day shoe for quite a while now. The Smokejumpers are bullet proof but may be a bit tall for your needs.

BTW, if you go to a propper Whites dealer, they will take over a dozen measurments of your foot to fit them properly, not just the basic trace kit that is enclosed with the order form.

Years back, a friend of mine in the military gave me some Matterhorn boots as a gift. Steel-toed, black. Great boots, comfortable too. I'm taking those to a shoe repair place to get reconditioned and cleaned (got them soaked with mud and washed them myself but didn't dry them properly).

I will happily dish out some extra money for a pair of comfortable boots that'll last.

The issue I have with ordering online is I hate guessing what my size is. I'd rather find a dealer, try them on in the store and walk out with them.

Lowas are very good mate. Mine are as comfortable as sneakers very water resistant and never needed any wearing in.

Those whites boots sound pretty cool too though. Phone Post 3.0

Subbed for later

I have these, waterproof & comfortable but kinda heavy(I have the steeltoes). They are about $130, Wolverine Multishox & have lasted about 2 yrs with hardly any sign of wear/tear.

They also make them like this, haven't tried these though.

These are my old boots, I still use them often for work/play(4 yrs old). They are the lightest steel toe boots I have ever worn & have a good amount of wear & tear but have taken a helluva beating. I mean, you can probably do high kicks and shit they are that light. I am definately getting a new pair this year. Timberland Pro series.

I would highly recommend Thorogood Boots! Not as expensive as Red Wing, beautiful color with the white trim on bottom and lastly, they are made in America and have a tag on the outside of the boot that says so. They run .5 to a full size big i wear 11.5 but ordered 10.5 and they are money. Check there reviews on Amazon Phone Post 3.0

I've had a pair of Danner Acadia's for years now. Sent them back once for a new sole and a refurb. Nothing I have ever worn has come close to them. Sounds like some of these other companies make quality boots, too. I guess I'm lucky that the first quality pair I ever purchased are still going strong today.

IN

Danner deals at hitthebreakroom.con Phone Post 3.0

Sugarfoot - Danner deals at hitthebreakroom.con Phone Post 3.0
They aren't running any deals today, but if you can be patient, you'll find amazing prices, with free returns. Phone Post 3.0

For a quality pair of relatively inexpensive boots, try the Timberland Pro series of boots.  $130'ish to 200'ish.

Very, very comfortable.  Affordable - excellent bang-for-the-buck.  I've been beating the living shit out of a pair of Timberland Pro Titan 8" boots on my ranch for the last three (3) years.  I absolutely love them.

I'm gonna buy another pair out of their Pro series in the next couple weeks.