please recommend me a good program

okay guys, i need your help...

i`m involved in boxing and chinese boxing...
i now have access to a gym and want to start some serious weight training...

my goals basically are:
(1) adding weight:
i`m 173 cm and only weigh about 62kg...
i want to weigh about 75-77kg

(2) getting a lean and muscular, ripped look, but not too big...

(3) adding power to my punches

is there any kind of training program you can recommend to me???

which lifts would you recommend???

thanks alot, joey

joey:

there are a ton of very helpful articles at t-nation.com. You'll find them very informative. Make sure to look through the archives.

thanks man, i will definitely check them out...

(1) adding weight: i`m 173 cm and only weigh about 62kg... i want to weigh about 75-77kg

Eat more. Then when you think you've eaten enough have a couple of protein shakes between your meals. But mainly eat more than you do now. I had to up my calories from around 2000 to over 3000 calories to put on some size.

(2) getting a lean and muscular, ripped look, but not too big...

Train your ass off, high intensity cardio, lift heavy weight for lower reps for multiple sets with compound lifts. And you'll have to eat extremely clean.

(3) adding power to my punches

Increse your max effort strength and your punch power will go up. But you have to do skill work to get really good.

A great basic program is the old 5x5 program.

linky linky
The basic principles: http://www.marunde-muscle.com/fitness/askem_5x5_principle.html

Couple of 5x5 templates: http://www.marunde-muscle.com/fitness/askem_athletic_weight_training.html

Just be sure to have a light, medium, and heavy day and stick to the plan so that you don't use too much weight on the lighter days and overtrain.

At t-nation, watch for the "buy my stuff" thing they do in all their articles. But none the less they do have some incredible article's.

another place for all your punch power question is rossboxing.com. he has a book out about that very subject.

punch power is normally seen to be more a case of technique than absolute strength, any good strength program should give you an increased potential but only by working on your technique will you be able to apply it