Poker Guys Might Like This

So I was watching a fish play the nosebleed ultra-high No Limit tables on Full Tilt tonight and there was also the one fish at that level playing.... I decided to jump right and short-buy my entire Full Tilt bankroll.

This is the highest I have ever played and the third biggest stakes online:

$100/$200 No Limit Holdem
6 players

Stacks:

UTG ($42095.00)
UTG 1 ($21491.00)
CO ($52236.00)
BTN ($68349.00)
SB ($50400.50)
Hero ($5493.35)

Pre-flop: ($300, 6 players) Hero is BB
2 folds, CO raises to $700, BTN calls $700, 1 fold, Hero goes all-in $5493.35, CO calls $4793.35, BTN folds

Flop: ($11786.7, 2 players)

Turn: ($11786.7, 2 players)

River: ($11786.7, 2 players)

Results:
CO shows:
Hero shows:

CO wins $11783.7 ( won $6290.35 )
BTN lost -$700.00
Hero lost -$5493.35

D'oh. :(

taking shots and rat holing is bad mmmmmkay.

Ouch

ouch.. who the hell are these rich dorks

I emptied out my fulltilt account a while ago. If I want to watch some big name pros play do i just search under their real names?

ouch dude, that's crazy

oh man, that sucks, want me to lend you 10 bucks so you can rebuild?

"ouch.. who the hell are these rich dorks "

not as bad a move as it sounds IMO. PR was short stacked, costing CO less than 10% of his stack to call, and if CO put him on an underpair ,as was the case(good read?), then CO was even a very slight favorite - even if PR had A/K he was still only about a 3-2 dog and was getting a decent overlay. CO only had to really worry about an overpair - jacks and up, maybe 10's. he also may have been playing a while with BTN and "knew" he'd fold begind him to PR's raise. if BTN does call, then he gets a chance to play potentially huge pot with a player who could double him up. if BTN goes all-in, CO folds. decent cash game play.

"taking shots and rat holing is bad mmmmmkay."

I'm going to assume you are just joking around.

why were u offended??

of course. dont sweat it, its poker, and the guy got real lucky. but still, why would u throw out the cardinal rule of bankroll management. im gonna say u were drunk, and high

I wasnt throwing out bankroll management out the window... I busted the money I had in my Full Tilt account, but that's only 1 of 6+ poker sites I play on. I certainly wasnt "rat-holing" if I doubled up I was going to keep playing - as long as the fish was at the table. If you are going to improve at poker you have to keep taking shots at higher levels, sometimes it doesnt go well though. Thats the hard part to deal with.

"Damn Pete, you were robbed.
You were 51% to win before the flop, and 73% to win on the turn. "

how is losing a coin flip being "robbed"????

when ALL the money WENT IN the odds were:

3/3 was 48.4% to win and 1.18% to tie.

J/10 was 50.42% to win and 1.18% to tie.

CO's call had an overlay. 4793 more to win 6893.

robbery?

Yeah it's no big deal. I didnt post it as a bad beat, just as a little story of me taking a shot at a big game.

Actually his call preflop is awful but thats it.

If the cards were face up and villain knew that BTN was going to fold some of the arguments above may have some merit but come on calling PR's push blind with BTN to act afterwards as well with JTo?

PR if the guy was such a fish and you knew you'd be a coin flip at best if someone called your 33, why didn't you wait until a better spot to take the guy's money? Just curious, I'm not talkign shit since I know you are a way better player than me but I'd like to hear your answer

"If the cards were face up and villain knew that BTN was going to fold some of the arguments above may have some merit but come on calling PR's push blind with BTN to act afterwards as well with JTo? "

maybe he wasn't as much of a fish as you assume and it was a good read? (we'll never know) but, against any underpair and almost any no pair hand it was a decent call and maybe after playing a while at that table he knew BTN would fold and figured the overlay was enough to justify the call conisdering the range of hands a short stack taking a shot could have. if he was wrong and BTN did call, J/10 isn't the worst hand in the world to take up against a guy who could double you up(i doubt he was a more than a 10-1 dog to BTN so how could the call be so bad?) i guess i'm just used to loose commerce games and though i personally wouldn't make that move without a strong read, i don't see it as "awfull" - just gambling. its also good for his image and will get him action on later rounds (it works - this whole forum thinks he's retarded).

"PR if the guy was such a fish and you knew you'd be a coin flip at best if someone called your 33, why didn't you wait until a better spot to take the guy's money?"

exactly. that is more the kind of move i'd make against a tight player who would lay down many hands to a short stack all in. against a guy you know will call with a wide range of hands why put youself in a coinflip situation (AT BEST unless he had 2's) when you can get the same action later on with better odds.
JMO?

those things happen all the time when you have only about 10% of the average stack on the table. one advantage of a short is getting lots of action. thats also a one of its disadvatages.

hey headcheese,

what level games are you playing at Commerce?

Lots of good questions guys... I'll try to answer them when I have time.