Poll of UK Muslims 27% agree with Hebdo gunmen

Marcus Agrippa - As I said the Beeb seemed to think that 68 percent being prepared to oppose violence against people drawing images of Mohammed was a positive. I disagree and state that the remaining 32 to percent unable to agree is a big fucking negative.

I never claimed to be listing all the info from the poll, the link was there to that anyone keen on doing so was able to do so.

You think that 93 percent agreeing to obey British Laws is another positive? I disagree personally. They will have the weight of numbers to change British laws to suit themselves within a few more decades if nothing changes. Fuck that.

6% (apparently) would not report a terrorist to the police, and are effectively accomplices? That is a positive to you? Again I disagree.
I wonder what percentage of Fundy Christians would report someone planning on killing an abortion doctor?

I'm assuming you don't live in the UK. I do, though I'm currently in India for work. You'd hate it here. 150 million Muslims. I work with them every day! Phone Post 3.0

Most of the British press is not seeing this survey in a positive light. The BBC is just about the only mainstream site that tried to spin the headline as positive on Islam. More paper are going with the Telegraph's line:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11434695/Over-a-quarter-of-British-Muslims-have-sympathy-for-the-Charlie-Hebdo-terrorists.-That-is-far-too-many.html

If somebody shot up the Westboro Baptist group what amount of Americans would agree with the shooting?

You can bet 15% more of them felt that way but didnt want their vote tallied.

Islam fucking sucks.

Stop allowing muslim people to emmigrate.

All it causes is harm.

Pratty -
Marcus Agrippa - As I said the Beeb seemed to think that 68 percent being prepared to oppose violence against people drawing images of Mohammed was a positive. I disagree and state that the remaining 32 to percent unable to agree is a big fucking negative.

I never claimed to be listing all the info from the poll, the link was there to that anyone keen on doing so was able to do so.

You think that 93 percent agreeing to obey British Laws is another positive? I disagree personally. They will have the weight of numbers to change British laws to suit themselves within a few more decades if nothing changes. Fuck that.

6% (apparently) would not report a terrorist to the police, and are effectively accomplices? That is a positive to you? Again I disagree.
I wonder what percentage of Fundy Christians would report someone planning on killing an abortion doctor?

I'm assuming you don't live in the UK. I do, though I'm currently in India for work. You'd hate it here. 150 million Muslims. I work with them every day! Phone Post 3.0
In your mind someone acting on the belief that an abortion doctor is murderer is the same as thinking that someone drawing a cartoon should be killed? Both are immoral but at least believing you are preventing a murder has some semblance of reason. Phone Post 3.0

Hey Pratty,

how much Christian terrorism is occurring these days?

how much Islamic terrorism is occurring these days?

Carlos_Kent - If somebody shot up the Westboro Baptist group what amount of Americans would agree with the shooting?

Id say a pretty significant percentage would be like

"good, fuck em"

Anyone that thinks poll results give you knowledge about some truth is retarded. It's so easy to skew results any way you want. Phone Post 3.0

ximboredofyoux - 
Carlos_Kent - If somebody shot up the Westboro Baptist group what amount of Americans would agree with the shooting?

"good, fuck em"

Not a good example though. The guys who murdered the cartoonists are extremists much like the west baptist church. The more accurate example would be what would Christians think about the west baptist church murdering people. You're not gonna get a lot of support for it. No were near the level of support the Charlie Hebdo murders have received from Islam.

johnf87 - 
ximboredofyoux - 

"good, fuck em"

Not a good example though. The guys who murdered the cartoonists are extremists much like the west baptist church. The more accurate example would be what would Christians think about the west baptist church murdering people. You're not gonna get a lot of support for it. No were near the level of support the Charlie Hebdo murders have received from Islam.

Sure it is. Its someone being offended to the point of wanting to commit murder.

johnf87 - 
ximboredofyoux - 

"good, fuck em"

I think the similarities between Hebdo and Westboro is that they both intentionally incite anger in people through their free speech.

I don't condone the shooting AT ALL but I don't think that Americans are much different from the people we're all hating on right now.

If you doing something to get a rise out of a group and then somebody bad happens to you nobody is going to shed a tear for you when it does.

"I wonder what percentage of Fundy Christians would report someone planning on killing an abortion doctor?"

Hello stupid.

The most popular name given to baby boys in England is Mohammed.

Think about that.

It's not George, it's not Henry, it's Mohammed.

Is this good for England? Phone Post 3.0

john joe - 
RiddumRed - You can bet 15% more of them felt that way but didnt want their vote tallied.

you can guarantee a fucking ton of them agreed the violence was acceptable but had the political sense, or defensiveness, not to admit it

something has to give on this shit. Islam is not compatible with western values and vice versa.

LOL the people that answered honestly are now being watched closely by their government.

Doctor Strange - Lol @ comparing murderous Muslims to west Baptist church picketers.

One group murders, rapes and blows up children.
The other pickets.

Only a liberal fag apologist would think they are similar in nature. Phone Post 3.0

i do believe, that the comparison is between Westboro church and hebdo.

Not surprised. Also confirms other polls that significant minorities of Muslims across the globe hold extreme beliefs (and in certain instances, such as in Algeria, Egypt and Pakistan, majorities), e.g. with regard to female genital mutilation, violence against Jews, etc. Truth is, these extreme beliefs are the well from where Islamic terrorism springs forth. Terrorism is not the sole responsibility of a few extremists, it is the responsibility of all those Muslims that adopt or propound extreme beliefs.

The majority of the people on the ground actually fighting those terrorist Muslims are surprise surprise Muslim.

And the people who have supplied those terrorists with weapons and money are Christians.

This isn't about religion it's about power lol. Religion is an excuse.

Dayling - The most popular name given to baby boys in England is Mohammed.

Think about that.

It's not George, it's not Henry, it's Mohammed.

Is this good for England? Phone Post 3.0
According to this it was number 28 in 2013...

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a25008171/top-baby-boy-names-2013

If you have a better source, please post Phone Post 3.0

Pratty - Wow OP

Way to misrepresent the poll

You left out some very important points:

93% say they should obey British laws

and

"Asked if acts of violence against those who publish images of the Prophet Muhammad can "never be justified", 68% agreed that such violence was never justifiable.

But 24% disagreed with the statement, while the rest replied "don't know" or refused to answer.

The poll, carried out between 26 January and 20 February, suggests 32% of British Muslims were not surprised by January's attacks on the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine, which published depictions of the Prophet, and a kosher supermarket in Paris." Phone Post 3.0
That still leaves 32% that think free speech should be countered with violence. That's way more noteworthy than "68% think you shouldn't kill people for exercising freedom of speech." Phone Post 3.0