Polymer 80, are they worth it

The pistols.  They are sold out now

Define worth “it”....

From a value standpoint probably not, a stock Glock or used frame is better quality for usually less money. If you want a project and a gun without asking permission first then yes. 

Is the quality ok?  I'm not going to be shooting thousand of rounds

Spend $150 plus time for a polymer 80, or have 3 glock frames ready to go?  Poly 80 frames are for toying with, learning, range toys, and/or felons.

In for info

I prefer the grip angle on the p8. I’ve made two and have built them all with Suarez parts. I’ve not had a single issue thus far. As far as reliability, everything I’ve read says they are just as reliable as stock glocks. When you build one from scratch, you see there isn’t much to it. Simple. Elegant. I suppose that’s why they are so reliable. 

1 Like

As others have said, if you just want to say you built it, or want to own one for whatever reason then it can definitely be worth it. For the same money you can buy a new pistol that is tried and true by the top manufacturers. 

I like the idea behind it but I think they are pricey, you will spend $500 or more for a decent build that compares to a Glock 19. 

Y Not -

Spend $150 plus time for a polymer 80, or have 3 glock frames ready to go?  Poly 80 frames are for toying with, learning, range toys, and/or felons.

Felons?  Surely they can get a highpoint easier than milling out their own Glock lower, right?  No fucking felon is like hey I'm gonna buy a p80!  

Buffer720 -
Y Not -

Felons?  Surely they can get a highpoint easier than milling out their own Glock lower, right?  No fucking felon is like hey I'm gonna buy a p80!  

Yeah far easier to buy one that’s “hot”.