Poor Barry Bonds

The Media focuses solely on him regarding steroid use.

In reality, a very high percentage of professional athletes in general use steroids.

There's probably several hundred Major League Baseball Players who have used steroids within the last several years.

And what about the NFL? Nothing? I'm fairly certain there have been a few guys in the history of the NFL who have used anabolic agents. Isn't that how Lyle Alzado died? WTF?

Is Bonds just such a prick that everyone hates him?

LOL

He sure can hit a baseball though.

Has he hit any homers this year yet?

No roids is putting a cramp on the chase to Hank Aaron.

He's just an average street player without all the medication.

Steroids can't help you hit a baseball. They might make the ball go a little further.

But with or without steroids, Bonds is hands down one of the greatest hitters to ever live.

"in reality, a very high percentage of professional athletes in general use steroids."

fabes any supporting evidence for this?

Bonds bat speed has always been one of the best!
On top of that, figure in to the fact that he most likely woudl have hit 600 homers w/O roids, and you still have one of teh greatest players to ever play!

Mike Lupica in ESPN's Sports Reporters said that Bonds made his "exit strategy" from the controversy before the season ended last year. The kneee injury, his claim that he will show up smaller this season, etc. However, Bonds showed up just as big or bigger this season.

if steroids don't make you a better player, why would baseball players take them? for the thrill of using illegal drugs?

People take steroids for all different reasons. To gain strength, to rehabilitate injuries, to improve stamina.

I haven't "fallen" for anything. I don't doubt that Barry used steroids. That's not my point. My point is that the spotlight doesn't need to be placed on him and him alone.

True. Its a HUGE story.

But steroid use in professional sports is a much bigger problem than just Barry Bonds.

When was the last time a steriod user was considered the greatest player of all time in his sport? Not including bodybuilding or WSM.

fabes trolling?

I'm not trolling.

I'm not defending Barry Bonds either.

I just think its unjust that he's the only one who's really being raped by the media.

He's paying for being a dick. I think we all would bet that Bonds juiced, as did a bunch of other guys. Look at Palmeiro. He wagged his finger at Congress and then tested positive 6 weeks later. ESPN said that Congress decided not to pursue perjury charges (if they can even do that) because there was no evidence of prior use. Um, what about Cansecos book???????????????????????????????? Or are only books written by reporters (who personally HATE Barry Bonds) considered valid in the eyes of the law? I'm confused.....

We reap what we sow...

Barry has always been a prick - it's coming back ten fold on him now...

Reap it!

"When was the last time a steriod user was considered the greatest player of all time in his sport? "

The 1970's Pittsburgh Steelers maybe! I am a Steelers fan

"When was the last time a steriod user was considered the greatest player of all time in his sport? "

Does Hulk Hogan count?

:)

Part of it is the fact that he is such a prick. I know a few guys who played with him on the Giants and said that he is an absolute asshole, to other players, to fans, to everybody. Here's a classic example. A couple of years ago, the Giants were having Little League day at their stadium, so there were tons of Little League teams there. One of the players on my son's team is the son of an ex-Giant pitcher, who was at that time a pitching coach for the Giants. So here it is, Little League day, with thousands of kids there, many just to see Bonds, and he elects not to play that day. Doesn't even come out and take batting practice so the kids can see him hit a couple into the stands. That is a prick.

Tool deserves all the negative press. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.