Pop ups...... attention KIRIK

are back.

What's the deal Kirik?

(I've always wanted to start a thread directed at Kirik)

What are these pop ups that you speak of?

little ads that pop up from the bottom of my screen.

was an issue last week or so, was resolved, not their back.

use firefox/chrome and get adblock. I havent seen an ad in ages.

I helped you out. NOW you have a thread directed to Kirik :-)

What are the ads for, and where do you see them? With that info, I can go to the ad seller, and address.

Damn you're fast boss.

These popups are getting pretty ridiculous again. Just add it to the growing list of shit the mods don't care about.

Of course 'Mods' have nothing to do with pop-ups and advertising, etc. But don't let me burst your bubble. Your on a roll Lasko.

I get all different types of ads but they're all "AdChoices" ads. Usually starts at the bottom of the screen running vertically covering up a good part of the reply box. Sometimes they'll run horizontal and in nearly all of those cases the ad doesn't actualy load like there's an error with the ad itself but the box is still there. I can close the ones that go horizontal but not the vertical ones.

Kirik theres an ad on the first post of the UG blog, UFN weigh-in thread. Is that intentional ? (sorry if that's a stupid question)

MrZipplokk - 

Of course 'Mods' have nothing to do with pop-ups and advertising, etc. But don't let me burst your bubble. Your on a roll Lasko.

So you're just going to pretend there aren't tons of issues with the site that people(especially blue names) have been complaining about for months with no answer from anyone?

That looks EXACTLY like me ! Hahaha

Lasko, 'Mods' can mostly pass issues along to an Admin. And we answer/fix what we can. All the time. We certainly want the members to have as good an experience as they can. But there is only so much we can do on our own.

The pop ups I get are a redirect and not at the bottom of the screen

Lasko - 

I get all different types of ads but they're all "AdChoices" ads. Usually starts at the bottom of the screen running vertically covering up a good part of the reply box. Sometimes they'll run horizontal and in nearly all of those cases the ad doesn't actualy load like there's an error with the ad itself but the box is still there. I can close the ones that go horizontal but not the vertical ones.

pretty much this.
i only get the horizontal ones though.

honestly, i didnt pay attention to what was being advertised.
if it happens again i'll post up.

MrZipplokk - 

Lasko, 'Mods' can mostly pass issues along to an Admin. And we answer/fix what we can. All the time. We certainly want the members to have as good an experience as they can. But there is only so much we can do on our own.

So in other words we have to make one of these assumptions

A) That mods are letting an admin know of all these issues that people keep reporting on despite the fact that no mod ever says they're doing this or an issue is being worked on(with the occasional exception of kirik mentioning something)

or

B)  That the mods are letting an admin know but since no changes are made that the admin just doesn't care

Call me crazy but it seems like it might be a good idea to have someone actually address these issues instead of leaving everyone in the dark. Something like "We know a lot of you have been having trouble logging in for weeks or months and we're doing what we can to work on it" or "we know the android app is a piece of shit and isn't worth a free download let alone pay for it but we'll have an update for you soon, sorry it's taken more than a year to update it." Something, anything but silence.

There are countless threads about these isues and others yet no mod or admin shows up to comment on it so the members are just left in the dark feeling like their legitimate complaints are falling on deaf ears.

Lasko - 

This is what I get for the horizontal ads on the bottom that has an error. It's a dark grey background with the following text:

bmRTB_footerJSONP({ "bid": false, "hide": true });

It floats on the bottom of the page over peoples posts but there is a close button to click on, there is no close button on the ads that run vertical.

Lasko - 
MrZipplokk - 

So in other words we have to make one of these assumptions

A) That mods are letting an admin know of all these issues that people keep reporting on despite the fact that no mod ever says they're doing this or an issue is being worked on(with the occasional exception of kirik mentioning something)

or

B)  That the mods are letting an admin know but since no changes are made that the admin just doesn't care

Call me crazy but it seems like it might be a good idea to have someone actually address these issues instead of leaving everyone in the dark. Something like "We know a lot of you have been having trouble logging in for weeks or months and we're doing what we can to work on it" or "we know the android app is a piece of shit and isn't worth a free download let alone pay for it but we'll have an update for you soon, sorry it's taken more than a year to update it." Something, anything but silence.

There are countless threads about these isues and others yet no mod or admin shows up to comment on it so the members are just left in the dark feeling like their legitimate complaints are falling on deaf ears.

I have been helping beta test the new Android app. It is MUCH improved. I don't know when it will be officially released but it is on it's way. Hang in there padawan.

I have not ever seen an ad on MMA.TV. Ever. I log on from 4 different places all running Windows 7/8 with Chrome+AdBlock.

https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

Problem solved, homie.