Popavitch: I Called It !!

Congrads to the best 170lb grappler in the world!

I called it for months that this was the yr that Pablo beats Marcello (look at the threads)...

Pablo is a class act all the way and one HELL of a grappler !!

Way to go Pablo !!!!

Obviously you haven't seen the match.

lol at "best 170lb grappler in the world".

He had to cheat to win.

What did he do, shot with the knux??

3-2 win. Some interesting moments there. Oh well.

All in all, congratulations

Pablo is a disgrace and what he did is a disgrace. I do not understand why he was not penalised (minus points) and/or why he was not DQed when he continued cheating and breaking the rules.

To those who have not seen the match here is what happened in a nutshell:

Match started and Pablo tried to go toe to toe with Marcello. Well that did not work well he was not able to. After getting swept and his back almost taken etc. Pablo just had enough and started cheating. He started to grip Marcello's shorts and rash guard sleeves. He basically slowed the match down as much as he could using those illegal grips etc. and in the end used both those grips as help to pass the guard.

Marcello complained multiple times but ref did not punish Pablo etc. At one point Marcelo seemed to get really pissed about the lame disgrace things Pablo did.

Sounds like the problem is with the ref and not with Pop!! Congrats to Pop! Lots of hard training paid off!

Also to the op...great call but not a surprise at all IMO.

DueceDroppin - Sounds like the problem is with the ref and not with Pop!! Congrats to Pop! Lots of hard training paid off!

Also to the op...great call but not a surprise at all IMO.

If you're an honorable fighter, even if the ref doesn't say anything, Marcelo complained multiple times about the grabbing of the shorts and Pablo should have stopped. 

He won, but he knows what he did and knows that he cheated.

HUGE surprise that Popavich would do something like that...

If it wasn't marcelo, i'd blow it off.

marcelo is a good honest person. if he felt wronged, probably was.

was there a timeout in the middle of the match too? what happened?

kipling200 - was there a timeout in the middle of the match too? what happened?

Not that I know of.  Marcelo complained many times to the ref and nothing.  Pabo should have had negative points for the grab of the shorts and sleeve to pass at the end to win 3-2.

Yes, vid, please.

Trust - Wait to see the vid before jumping to accusations. 

Why change now ? lol

I like both of them, but if Pablo did what everyone (not just on this site) claims, that's pretty yellow.

Either way, it was still 2 of the best.

you guys are nuts.....very clean fight..well contested....one time there was a complaint from marcelo...but maybe it was becasue he wasnt able to finish and pablo was creeping up on him. also, great exchanges in the beginning and pablo was poked in the eye twice....all of you can go and worship your marcelo but he was beat fair and square....he passed marcelo CLEAN for 3 points....

how dare you try to tarnish is effort...

brasco

Brasco, have you seen the match or have a link?

<:(((>< - Brasco, have you seen the match or have a link?

adccbarcelona.com/category/male/under-87-9-kg/

LOL @ all the reverse-nut-hugging on this thread!

Have you wienies even watched the match? You are the same crowd that will justify 10 punches after a guy is unconscious in an MMA fight because it's the "refs job to stop the fight" but turn around and fighter bash the proven best 170 pound grappler in the world over a rumor that you heard on the internet.

Your hero didn't seem to have a problem with whatever supposedly happened so neither should you. Now go get back in bed with your buddy Kanye West because the people involved seem to be just fine and don't seem to need a spokesperson.

< - Brasco, have you seen the match or have a link?

Brasco is there...competed..and had an awesome showing!

I'm sure he had a first hand view from a few feet away. Am I wrong?