popped ankle

last friday in class i was rolling with another blue belt. he ankle locked me and my ankle popped. it was audible across the mat. it hurts when i turn at certain angles but i can walk on it no prob.Im not going to the doctor because i dont think there is much he can do. Just want to know if anyone has amy experience with this and what can i expect? it is on the top of my foot close to my ankle that hurts. it was a heel hook with my right foot under his left arm.

allchokedup - last friday in class i was rolling with another blue belt. he ankle locked me and my ankle popped. it was audible across the mat. it hurts when i turn at certain angles but i can walk on it no prob.Im not going to the doctor because i dont think there is much he can do. Just want to know if anyone has amy experience with this and what can i expect? it is on the top of my foot close to my ankle that hurts. it was a heel hook with my right foot under his left arm.

Go see a doctor the BJJ forum can't diagnose your foot remotely. I fucked my ankle up in judo a year ago and now my left calf and ankle are about 60% the strength on my right.

i understand i have a jacked c3 and my triceps are weak. strenght isnt a problem, mobility is. just wonder what the pop was? and if it will clear up? LOL

dont worry, i found an anwser that i was looking for on the internet.

Was it a popped capsule..? Can you post your answer you found just for interest purposes..? Phone Post

I sprained my ankle a few months back.  Rolled it over the outside of my foot.  It sucked and took a while to heal.  I was able to continue training with tape and a brace.  I actually competed in a tournament with it like that.  Id say it took about 2 months to totally heal.  youll have to make adjustments with how you use your foot but with the brace and tape you shouldnt damage it further.  it will hurt though. 

brace:

http://www.braceshop.com/productcart/pc/NEW-Mueller-The-One-Ankle-Brace-9p1951.htm

taping method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnbKqMHgGmc

R.I.C.E. rest ice compression elevation....

ive sprained my ankles many times. take some advil, rest it ice it (20 min on 20 min off) elevate and compress (ace bandage)

the only thing you really have to worry about is if you broke one of the small bones in your ankle... if you did it usually requires surgery to fix since the bones are too tiny just to heal the right way themselves.

If it was the ligaments on the front outside of the ankle, it is a pretty common injury. If one popped, the other ligament is much more apt to pop as well. If it is a partial tear it will take a few months for it feel at all stable and will hurt when you bend it or have it stressed in certain directions. Just be careful not to reinjure because if you get a full tear, you will have a lot longer layoff in order to heal back to where you can train. I have injured both ankles in this way over the last couple year and when they heal they still feel a little loose to where it feels much more at to be reinjured.

so...you're a blue belt? CSB.

Thank you for all the info. just wondering if i should lay off a few weeks. I am addicted so as you know thats damn near impossible. i cant afford all that tape used in the video! i mow lawns so my sons can train with me! i guess i will ace bandage it up and roll with guys i trust. dont know why my partner thought it neccessary to fuck me up. i tapped and 1 second later pop. what was the audible pop?

i dont understand? troll me..

i dont understand? troll me..CSB?

COOLSTORYBRO

Tape that shit up or take some time off its a damned ankle.