Popped for PED = Erase victories a year back?

I watched the latest post fight press conference and a fighter there was asked how he felt about his earlier loss to Ali Bagautinov now that he'd been popped for steroids.

It just felt wrong that he should have a loss on his record if the other guy was cheating.

So what do you think? Should a caught PED user lose his victories for a time period back for example a year?

No, I don't think you can do that based on assumptions, if they get popped after a fight they won, that fight should be changed to win or NC for the other guy, but just that fight.

IF it's something like EPO, testosterone, something that you clearly didn't buy over the counter accidentily, or your trainer fucked you with all these silly excuses.

Then wipe out their entire career.

Let them start from scratch in rankings at least.

I wouldn't be against it. But does the losing fighter keep the loss on their record? Or would it go to a no contest?

I believe in college football, if a team has to vacate a victory, then the winning team loses that win, but the losing team still keeps that loss.

I agree with op. I know the poster above me said it's not fair to make assumptions because they might have been clean, but it's not fair to use PEDs, so I don't have any sympathy for that fighter. A year seems reasonable Phone Post 3.0

Lol then all of mma history should be wiped. Phone Post 3.0

Just follow the WADA code and implement a biological passport.

Test hot, even out of competition, and the Olympics takes all medals.

RyannVonDoom - Lol then all of mma history should be wiped. Phone Post 3.0

all the way from its beginnings there has been rampant use of certain PEDs

THere are some obvious examples of guys that take whatever they can get away with, those fighters definately have asterisks next to some of their wins, and their careers

Rambo John J -

all the way from its beginnings there has been rampant use of certain PEDs

THere are some obvious examples of guys that take whatever they can get away with, those fighters definately have asterisks next to some of their wins, and their careers

Fucks given? Zero Phone Post 3.0

No....... Phone Post 3.0

thedifferencemaker - I wouldn't be against it. But does the losing fighter keep the loss on their record? Or would it go to a no contest?

I believe in college football, if a team has to vacate a victory, then the winning team loses that win, but the losing team still keeps that loss.

Oh, no. The losing fighter shouldn't keep the loss then imo.

They lost to a cheating person so a NC would probably be the best thing.

If only those who pop from now on are treated this way?

Pura Vida - Just follow the WADA code and implement a biological passport.

I don't know what that is.

Massa - Test hot, even out of competition, and the Olympics takes all medals.

Really? That's interesting.

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea but I definitely feel it's wrong for people who recently lost to a cheater to keep that loss on their record.

On the other hand I don't mind it being legalized for all but that's a different discussion.

Massa - Test hot, even out of competition, and the Olympics takes all medals.

Not exactly, they don't take your medals, for going positive after you won the Olympics. WADA code is all results, starting from the date of the infraction, until the end of the suspension are removed.

If the date of the positive test i after you won an Olympic medal, that medal is yours to keep.

Junk science. 

What is a PED exactly? 

What exactly are the rules right now as to what a fighter can and cannot take?

Does anyone know off the top of their head?  If so please list every banned substance for me please.

And let me know what things are ok.  Thanks.

No that's ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0

Should I be able to go to a doctor or pharmacist and say 'I can't take anything banned by the ioc' and expect them to know what I mean off the top of their heads?

Know what I mean?