Popped for PED = Erase victories a year back?

One problem I see is that just because one guy gets popped for PEDs it doesn't guarantee the other guy wasn't on them as well, could be that he just hasn't been caught yet.

I like changing the wins to NCs though.

Is caffeine OK?

What about Nyquil?

What if I had a bong hit a month ago?  Is that OK?

What if I got drunk this morning.  Is that OK?

What if my doctor gave me a shot because I'm allergic to bee stings and just got stung by a bee?

Is that OK?

If you can honestly answer all of those questions off the top of your head without checking, you're probably not a UFC fighter.

Just saying.

This is fucking ridiculous. Anyone who agrees with the OP needs to take a break.

Moss4hFillsMyPeeFountain - This is fucking ridiculous. Anyone who agrees with the OP needs to take a break.

As I said, I'm not even sure what I think about the idea myself:

"I'm not sure how I feel about the idea but I definitely feel it's wrong for people who recently lost to a cheater to keep that loss on their record."

You think it's right then to keep losses to proven cheaters?

justingore - One problem I see is that just because one guy gets popped for PEDs it doesn't guarantee the other guy wasn't on them as well, could be that he just hasn't been caught yet.

I like changing the wins to NCs though.

True. If they could test them all would be great but they'll have to settle with the proof they have I suppose.

The notion is absurd on its face.

Think about it - if a fighter tests dirty after his most recent victory, we should go back and erase victories for which he tested clean?

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea but I definitely feel it's wrong for people who recently lost to a cheater to keep that loss on their record.

My understanding is that when someone tests dirty, the athletic commission records the bout as a No Contest. Is that not the case?

chawkins - The notion is absurd on its face.

Think about it - if a fighter tests dirty after his most recent victory, we should go back and erase victories for which he tested clean?

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea but I definitely feel it's wrong for people who recently lost to a cheater to keep that loss on their record.

My understanding is that when someone tests dirty, the athletic commission records the bout as a No Contest. Is that not the case?

I was under the impression that not every fighter gets tested, and that it is random. So it could be that they simply weren't tested in earlier fights.

justingore - 

I was under the impression that not every fighter gets tested, and that it is random. So it could be that they simply weren't tested in earlier fights.

Yeah, exactly.

If they tested clean before of course their earlier wins shouldn't be affected.

Smellde Gluve - 
justingore - 

Yeah, exactly.

If they tested clean before of course their earlier wins shouldn't be affected.

Oh ok, I agree that if they were tested within the year, and were clean, then those wins shouldn't be overturned. Maybe they have their wins overturned going back until their last clean test, even if that was over a year ago.

Of course there will continue to be new things that might beat certain tests.

Fucking stupid. Just like the stupid polygraph talk. Phone Post 3.0

SRTGEO - Fucking stupid. Just like the stupid polygraph talk. Phone Post 3.0

While I can agree with what I think you're saying, in that this will never happen, I don't have a problem with them upping the ante for getting caught cheating.

I was surprised by the backlash at Urijah's lie detector comment as well. I think we all know they aren't perfect, but to add them in as an additional test might catch a few from sneaking through. After all, they are still used by most law enforcement agencies during the hiring process so they must have some validity. If some of these guys can't even time their cycles correctly I'm not going to immediately assume they have the mental capacity to beat a lie detector/stress analyzer.

It would be awesome if every fighter on the roster was subjected to Olympic testing year - round, but I don't see that happening either. Or, let's go Pride and everyone juice the fuck up and go for it.

So what is the banned list at the moment?

Oh, that's right.  It's so complex no one could break it down for the layman.

That's just fantastic.

More regulation will make MMA even more awesome!

And no performance enhancers athletes!  That's cheating!!

What exactly is a PED?

The question stands.

If it makes you a better athlete, it's totally illegal!

Makes perfect sense.

justingore - 

So if they weren't tested in an earlier fight, there is no evidence that they cheated in those earlier fights.

So why would we overturn a win for which there is no evidence of cheating, again?

There is no way to make this position make sense.

RyannVonDoom - 
Rambo John J -
RyannVonDoom - Lol then all of mma history should be wiped. Phone Post 3.0

all the way from its beginnings there has been rampant use of certain PEDs

THere are some obvious examples of guys that take whatever they can get away with, those fighters definately have asterisks next to some of their wins, and their careers

Fucks given? Zero Phone Post 3.0

Obviously some UGers are concerned.

I had two of my precious vote downs taken after my horrible comments.

chawkins - 
justingore - 

So if they weren't tested in an earlier fight, there is no evidence that they cheated in those earlier fights.

So why would we overturn a win for which there is no evidence of cheating, again?

There is no way to make this position make sense.

I agree, there is no way to tell if the fighter was dirty, of course there is no way to tell if he was clean either if he wasn't tested. The punishment makes sense in that it is a deterrent. The punishment would go back until the fighter was proven to be clean.

Look, by no means am I saying this is a perfect solution, or even a good one, but I do think the punishment level needs to be raised because it sure doesn't seem to working very well right now.

To be honest I could care less about the lower level guys, but maybe the ufc should be sure to test everyone in the top 15 of their class. It could reduce the cost of testing their entire roster.

Pura Vida - Just follow the WADA code and implement a biological passport.

WADA has gone insane, 2015, first offense 4 years suspension. thats career ending

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/24955873

Rambo John J -
RyannVonDoom - 
Rambo John J -
RyannVonDoom - Lol then all of mma history should be wiped. Phone Post 3.0

all the way from its beginnings there has been rampant use of certain PEDs

THere are some obvious examples of guys that take whatever they can get away with, those fighters definately have asterisks next to some of their wins, and their careers

Fucks given? Zero Phone Post 3.0

Obviously some UGers are concerned.

I had two of my precious vote downs taken after my horrible comments.

Was saying i have zero fucks for this to give. And i've never voted you down for anything fren. Phone Post 3.0