Popping a 5000 AMP FUSE

PhotonicInduction is one of my electronics YouTube heroes and he’s been missing in action for a few years but is back with a BANG. Anyone with any interest in high voltage/high current electronics need to check his channel out. He posted this today.

Fun fact, I look VERY similar to this guy. We could easily pass as brothers.

4 Likes

That @King_Trav guy

1 Like

Fuck me running

2 Likes

This guy scares the absolute shit out of me. He’s got this sinister vibe to him that I just can’t shake. All I know is that if we ever get to the point of building an actual Jurassic Park, this is the fucker I’d hire to build the electric fences.

4 Likes

We had an arc fusion machine at work that would blow multiple 800 amp fuses, I swear that thing took years off my life. I can’t imagine 5000

2 Likes

That was cool. I liked how he does some things so precisely and other things he’s got rigged together like a farmer. I liked his cut away on the fuse to see what was happening inside. The pneumatic switch was a good idea. I’m going to watch more of his stuff.

We don’t work with much protection upstream like fuses and whatnot. Our last bad accident caused a seven minute fault that destroyed a very large electrical service and mcc room. The arc was so intense it melted the copper and micarta together.

2 Likes

I don’t say this a lot. That was amazing!

2 Likes

3t

1 Like

well
What do we have here?