Poser Instructor/School

Everybody needs to know that there is another fake around. This one has a 'school'.

He claimed to have a black belt in BJJ and Russian Sambo. He also claimed to have boxed and kick boxed professionally as well as have been in "three of four" Tough Man Competitions here on the Gulf Coast. His website says he can teach you Krav Maga, BJJ, Sambo, TKD, Karate, Boxing, Kick Boxing, Muay Thai, etc. I paid for private lessons from the guy and things seemed kind of odd. I was referred to some other schools in the area that had legit BJJ brown and black belts from Brazil as a way to 'test my training'. Long story short, I was embarassed. Not because I was crushed by a black belt but because they laughed, saying "who teach you this wrong?" My guard pass was ineffective, missing two critical steps.

Here is one link to the guy: http://easternshoremma.net/
Here is another link of his: http://tomasomartialarts.com/

Same building, same guy, different names. His page also has a bunch of youtube videos, one says "a much younger Mike Tomaso" (His name) but the video is of fight between Rich Franklin and Lyoto Machida.

This guy is a real good talker, but he doesnt know any MMA. I think he is trained in TKD but that is it. No fights anywhere in anything. Youtube videos and books from Books A Million are nice reference material but they arent a path to a black belt.

If you live on the Gulf Coast be forwarned. Always check the credentials of any school or trainer before you enroll or start paying them. You could lose not only your money but your time.

come on man im just trying to make a living...

I have trained with him. He's a good guy.

In early just in case

If he's so bad why did you get crushed?  

From his guest book...

Posted By :  Dana White

Posted :  3/4/2009

Comments :  Great Facility! Hope to see you again soon!

Mike Tomaso.... hmmm that names sounds really familiar.. I think maybe a thread was made about him a few years back, but not sure

I got crushed by Israel Gomes and Joao Z, SIKK BJJ. But the bad part was that I was taught wrong. and I paid for it,

in

popcorn.gif

also in

Where is the video of him claiming he's Lyoto Machida? I can't find it......

OP why don't you use your real account instead of a troll account?

grenade - HAHAHA

cant believe he is trying to make people think thats him in the franlin vs machida fight vidoe.

what a joke.

LMAO.

ROFL

i believe him

thefightjudge - Everybody needs to know that there is another fake around. This one has a 'school'.

He claimed to have a black belt in BJJ and Russian Sambo. He also claimed to have boxed and kick boxed professionally as well as have been in "three of four" Tough Man Competitions here on the Gulf Coast. His website says he can teach you Krav Maga, BJJ, Sambo, TKD, Karate, Boxing, Kick Boxing, Muay Thai, etc. I paid for private lessons from the guy and things seemed kind of odd. I was referred to some other schools in the area that had legit BJJ brown and black belts from Brazil as a way to 'test my training'. Long story short, I was embarassed. Not because I was crushed by a black belt but because they laughed, saying "who teach you this wrong?" My guard pass was ineffective, missing two critical steps.

Here is one link to the guy: http://easternshoremma.net/
Here is another link of his: http://tomasomartialarts.com/

Same building, same guy, different names. His page also has a bunch of youtube videos, one says "a much younger Mike Tomaso" (His name) but the video is of fight between Rich Franklin and Lyoto Machida.

This guy is a real good talker, but he doesnt know any MMA. I think he is trained in TKD but that is it. No fights anywhere in anything. Youtube videos and books from Books A Million are nice reference material but they arent a path to a black belt.

If you live on the Gulf Coast be forwarned. Always check the credentials of any school or trainer before you enroll or start paying them. You could lose not only your money but your time.

Let me get this straight... You know zip about BJJ or MMA so you went to this school and took a couple of private lessons. The instructor told you to go to other schools to "test your training". You went to another school and since you could not correctly do a Guard Pass, it is because the original instructor is a fraud... not because you are a f'n noob. Am I right? I can't even imagine telling a brand new student to go to another school to "test" his training... unless he was a douchehbag I was trying to get rid of.

^^^ this

I live in the same area and have had many of his students leave to come train with me and I have heard many similar stories.

in

oh man.

if you aren't there already you need to head over to jimmys place...its the only legitimate mma gym on the eastern shore.

speaking of local gyms...hey jimmy, what do you know about this outlaw mma place in foley? I noticed it driving through there the other day and nobody I've talked to seems to know anything about it.

In.

No idea man. I don't think those guys have any experience. Think they just started a gym.