Possible mass grave found in Tulsa

This is pretty wild. Apparently there was a race battle between the "Black Wall Street" and a neighboring white town in 1921 that started with a black shoe shiner being accused (supposedly unjustly) of assaulting a white woman. It (supposedly) resulted with as many 300 blacks killed. Recently, there was a massive pit found in Tulsa that theoretically could hold at least 100 bodies; some believe it could be a mass grave from that incident. Scientists are planning to do further research which could lead to an excavation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tulsa-race-riot-massacre-possible-mass-grave-found/

I had never heard of this incident; how likely is it that bodies could be there? How legitimate is this story of a race battle? Supposedly it's what the first episode of the new watchmen show is based on.

1 Like

It's well documented 

banco -

It's well documented 

Then the public school system has failed me

1 Like
TheDorkKnight -
banco -

It's well documented 

You have presumably being out of school for some time and had access to books?

1 Like
TheDorkKnight -
banco -

It's well documented 

The public school system has long been known to revise history and only "teach" narratives they want you to know about. The Tulsa race massacre definitely isn't on their agenda. 

4 Likes

opening scene of Watchmen

3 Likes
TheDorkKnight -
banco -

It's well documented 

If I teach about things like this sad man babies make threads on internet forums saying that teachers are indoctrinating kids for the Left. Feelings don't care about the facts.

9 Likes

I'd never heard of this incident until seeing the opening scene of Watchmen. The wikipedia page seems to suggest the blacks drew first blood:

The riot began over Memorial Day weekend after 19-year-old Dick Rowland, a black shoeshiner, was accused of assaulting Sarah Page, the 17-year-old white elevator operator of the nearby Drexel Building. He was taken into custody. A subsequent gathering of angry local whites outside the courthouse where Rowland was being held, and the spread of rumors he had been lynched, alarmed the local black population, some of whom arrived at the courthouse armed. Shots were fired and twelve people were killed: ten white and two black.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

1 Like

I wonder if this black riot was different than the modern LA, Baltimore, Ferguson, etc. riots, you know, besides the reported air strikes...

All the ones I've seen kinda follow the same script.

From Wiki:

"About 10,000 black people were left homeless, and property damage amounted to more than $1.5 million in real estate and $750,000 in personal property ($32 million in 2019)."

10,000 homeless and it's only $32 million in damages?  On Black Wall Street?

Kip Kinkle -

I wonder if this black riot was different than the modern LA, Baltimore, Ferguson, etc. riots, you know, besides the reported air strikes...

All the ones I've seen kinda follow the same script.

Well does this sound similar? 

The Morning Tulsa Daily World stated, "Cleaver named Will Robinson, a dope peddler and all around bad negro, as the leader of the armed blacks. He has also the names of three others who were in the armed gang at the court house. The rest of the negroes participating in the fight, he says, were former servicemen who had an exaggerated idea of their own importance... They did not belong here, had no regular employment and were simply a floating element with seemingly no ambition in life but to foment trouble."[4] O. W. Gurley, owner of Gurley's Hotel, identified the following men by name as arming themselves and gathering in his hotel: Will Robinson, Peg Leg Taylor, Bud Bassett, Henry Van Dyke, Chester Ross, Jake Mayes, O. B. Mann, John Suplesox, Fatty, Jack Scott, Lee Mable, John Bowman and W. S. Weaver.[5]

1 Like

I bet there were a ton of employment opportunities for black people in 1921.

1 Like
Precise_Improvement -

I bet there were a ton of employment opportunities for black people in 1921.

On Black Wall Street?  I should think so...

lol "all around bad negro"

No doubt the OG would've been down for an air raid had ya'll been around back then.

4 Likes

I bet Corn Pop was involved 

1 Like
Precise_Improvement - 

lol "all around bad negro"

No doubt the OG would've been down for an air raid had ya'll been around back then.

Quit inciting racism.

2 Likes

DC brings the comic relief ... Cain seems serious lol Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure there's a way to blame trump for this.  If not, any white males will do.  

4 Likes

You cant believe whats reported by the media in current times (hands up dont shoot, trayvon, Jusse etc), how are we supposed to believe they know the truth about what happened 100 years ago?

Maybe it happened like that, but maybe it didnt, who knows?

1 Like