Possible Return for Ivan Salaverry?

Yesterday we spoke with Ivan on our weekly radio and. The person that set the interview up for us mentioned that he's looking to possibly return. I asked Ivan if any of the bigger promotions have bee contacting him to fight.

"I shouldn't be saying anything about anything brother (laughs). People are talking, things are being looked at, thats all I can say and we'll see what happens.

I then followed up and asked a more generic question of if we could possibly see him fighting in 2011.

"I dont know man, I don't know if peopel wanna see me throw kisses at them. So ya know, whatever."

So what do y'all say. Wanna see Ivan back in the cage in 2011?

Full interview is here:

http://www.joeshowradio.com/archive/podcasts.php?id=20101223-The-Joe-Show-ft-Ivan-Salaverry

He's a talented fighter that never reached his potential imo. If he wants to fight, I'll watch.

Dudes exciting. Sometimes he just goes in there and lays a turd though. I like his style.

I love Ivan but he jumped the shark when it was Nate marquarts' (476 time king of pancrase) 1st fight in the UFC. They brought Nate in the same way they brought herring in: during a fight night where he is some mythical fighter from a foreign world. Japan. Basically they stunk up the joint and they basically blamed Ivan. Phone Post

And lets not forget. Nate tested positive for steroids which never got overturned. Instead of doing the right thing, Ivan was cut from the roster and Nate went on to be a main card fighter at UFC 58. Go figure...

fuck that bring back ivan one of my favs ever, ever. period

Bring him the fuck back and give him the bread he deserves.

Would be great to get Ivan on the Seattle Fight Night.

If Elvis can be scheduled for the Australia card I definitely feel like Ivan can be the undercard for Seattle.

after saying "fuck dana white, i hate that bald little fucker" in a film, i have a feeling he wont be making a run in the ufc

After calling Dana White a fucking little bitch... I doubt we will be seeing him in the UFC.

asbury - after saying "fuck dana white, i hate that bald little fucker" in a film, i have a feeling he wont be making a run in the ufc

1.) Wasn't actually in the movie. Was extra footage that MediaFly posted on this forum.

2.) Guys like Tito and BJ said worse than that when they were in the woods. Admittedly, those guys had stronger bargaining positions when coming back, but Ivan has a school just blocks from KeyArena where this whole thing is supposedly going down. It would be a nice gesture to the MMA community in Seattle to bring him in.

"1.) Wasn't actually in the movie. Was extra footage that MediaFly posted on this forum."

cool bro. guess what, i guarantee you more people saw that clip than the actually movie.

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
grkblood - And lets not forget. Nate tested positive for steroids which never got overturned. Instead of doing the right thing, Ivan was cut from the roster and Nate went on to be a main card fighter at UFC 58. Go figure...

Salaverry fought in UFC twice since then, and was stopped both times in 3 minutes or less.

You can't just pull up fighters on Wikipedia and look at their record to tell you the story.

Salaverry got picked up by WFA following the marquardt fight and beat Art very impressively. UFC then bought the WFA out, hence they bought his contract. That's why he fought with them again. He came with the org, they didn't solely seek him out like it sounds like you're alluding to.