google_analytics: 'true'
}h

tweetmeme_style = 'compact';

digg_skin = 'compact';
digg_window = 'new';
0diggsdigg

<!-- -->

tom-hardy-warrior-slice

When we brought you the first image from Gavin O’ Connor’s (Pride and Glory) Warrior almost one year ago, there was minimal buzz surrounding the film.  Flash-forward to the present and Warrior is a “Tom Hardy film.”  Now, thanks to Lionsgate sending us some updated information, we know that Warrior is a “Tom Hardy film” that will be released later this year on September 9th.

Briefly, Warrior tells the story of a troubled ex-marine (Hardy) who returns to his hometown.  While there, he faces obstacles regarding his broken family while preparing to fight in an MMA tournament.  To check out a detailed synopsis as well as a hi-res image from the film, hit the jump.  In addition to Hardy, Warrior also stars Nick Nolte, Noah Emmerich (The Truman Show), Joel Edgerton (Smokin’ Aces), and Jennifer Morrison (Star Trek).

Here’s the detailed synopsis for Warrior:

Two brothers face the fight of a lifetime – and the wreckage of their broken family – within the brutal, high-stakes world of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighting in Lionsgate’s action/drama, WARRIOR.

An ex-Marine haunted by a tragic past, Tommy Riordan returns to his hometown of Pittsburgh and enlists his father, a recovered alcoholic and his former coach, to train him for an MMA tournament awarding the biggest purse in the history of the sport. As Tommy blazes a violent path towards the title prize, his brother, Brendan, a former MMA fighter unable to make ends meet as a public school teacher, returns to the amateur ring to provide for his family. Even though years have passed, recriminations and past betrayals keep Brendan bitterly estranged from both Tommy and his father.

But when Brendan’s unlikely rise as an underdog sets him on a collision course with Tommy, the two brothers must finally confront the forces that tore them apart, all the while waging the most intense, winner-takes-all battle of their lives.

Here’s the hi-res image (click to enlarge):

warrior-tom-hardy-image(1)

<!-- -->

rest of the cast:

who is tom hardy?

a good MMA movie, will be one like Rocky/Raging Bull, where the fighting takes a backseat to the characters and the real storyline.

chalice - who is tom hardy?

If you saw Inception, you will probably recognize him. 

Nick Nolte FTW.

Kurt Angle lol

Second legit MMA movie, first was a fine, inspired by real events, cinematic piece of history known as Blood Sport.

"An ex-Marine haunted by a tragic past..."

wat?

Non N00B - Second legit MMA movie, first was a fine, inspired by real events, cinematic piece of history known as Blood Sport.

Sorry, it was Gymkata.

The Pete - 
Non N00B - Second legit MMA movie, first was a fine, inspired by real events, cinematic piece of history known as <b>Blood Sport</b>.

Sorry, it was Gymkata.

I thought Gymkata was an actual documentary, not a "movie" so to speak. Either way, I stand corrected.

Lionheart IMO

I thought it was Mortal Kombat! or was Street Fighter first? Phone Post

Enter the Dragon was the first MMA movie, followed by Lethal Weapon and then Under Seige 2.

Ummm...Saw James Cagney pull an Armbar and some Judo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMJixq-LbgI

Blue Help Please!

hopefully that's the same ashley green from the 'twilight' movies...HOTT!!!

I KNEW IT!!! I TOLD MY GIRL THAT WILLIAM MAPOTHER HAD TO BE RELATED TO TOM CRUISE!!! looks just like him...

^ bro, i just watched that movie and there wasnt one tribal tattoo to be found. try again.

Yeah but, it wasn't a real tournament! Phone Post

No Holds Barred was the first legit MMA movie.