Post workout nutrition

Just curious if any of you guys have used a post-workout carb supplement and how it compared to using whole foods as a carb source. Any input? Phone Post

As long as it's not completely garbage, I eat as much as possible post workout.

I'm doing 531 and putting on muscle, so your goals may be different. Phone Post

Protien shake plus Gatorade for some simple carbs. Hour Mayer have a proper meal. Phone Post

Ive seen some people take dextrose post workout, my buddy mixes it in with his protein shakes and he's seen some solid gains lately. Its cheap as hell too and you can buy it in bulk. Its supposedly the best post-workout carb. Phone Post

Not sure why dolce recommends peanut butter post workout? Surely that slows digestion which is exactly what you don't want PWO.
Doesn't seem to make sense but the guys obviously good Phone Post

It does not make much of a difference unles you are a pro-athlete.

Jesus KO'd stayrad -
Gu31232 - Ive seen some people take dextrose post workout, my buddy mixes it in with his protein shakes and he's seen some solid gains lately. Its cheap as hell too and you can buy it in bulk. Its supposedly the best post-workout carb. Phone Post

Why not have actually food ? Phone Post

Well considering the thread asked about a post workout carb SUPPLEMENT in comparison to real food I didn't think it was necessary to say that. Phone Post

Dextrose/Maltodextrin is what I use.

Mutant Mass is perfect

TwoCanVanneDamne - Not sure why dolce recommends peanut butter post workout? Surely that slows digestion which is exactly what you don't want PWO.
Doesn't seem to make sense but the guys obviously good Phone Post
Dolce actually recommends a vegetable juice post workout Phone Post 3.0

I do a sweet potato, spinach, kale, carrot and whey protein shake. And within an hour I eat dinner. Have had great results doing this. Phone Post 3.0

namrepus - I do a sweet potato, spinach, kale, carrot and whey protein shake. And within an hour I eat dinner. Have had great results doing this. Phone Post 3.0
How do sweet potatoes taste in a shake?love them otherwise! Phone Post 3.0

Banana & Whey Shake. Might have a Satsuma as well every now and then.

Protein powder + almond milk

Hemp Protein w/ Coconut water

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/5

Nutrient timing is largely irrellivent when it comes to body composition.  Spend money on a protein shake and straight sugar in the form dextrose if you choose, but the advantages gained from it are slim to none.  See the above study for the academic inclined.

TheBankster -
namrepus - I do a sweet potato, spinach, kale, carrot and whey protein shake. And within an hour I eat dinner. Have had great results doing this. Phone Post 3.0
How do sweet potatoes taste in a shake?love them otherwise! Phone Post 3.0
Taste great. Highly recommend. Phone Post 3.0

I take about 40g of ON Pro-Complex about 5 mins after I put my last weight down. I use a shaker cup and drink it in the locker room. I also take 3-4 g of BCAA's and 2-3 g of Glutamine (pills). Then I head home and shower, and cook dinner.

Post workout meal is usually a protein like, steak, chicken, turkey, fish....with greens like asparagus/broccoli, and a sweet potato or red potato or rice...maybe an apple also.

Post workout protein shake with the BCAAs and glutamin included then caramel rice cake about an hour after. Phone Post 3.0

Just make sure you reach your macros for the day and don't worry about what you get right after a work out. If you're incredibly tired and hungry, eat.