Post Your Best Curry Recipes Here

We're looking for some killer Curry to make at home. We've had the craving to make some but have no idea where to start. We also don't like googling recipes, I would rather see what you all do.

Thai Masaman Curry Neau, Gai, or Muu
(Beef, Chicken, or Pork)

Ingredients:
• 4 tbsp Masaman Curry Paste
• 2 cans Coconut Milk
• 1 pound Stew Beef, Chicken, or Pork, cut into smaller chunks
• 1 pound potatoes, cubed
• 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
• 2 tbsp peanuts

Directions:
1. Stir fry Masaman Curry Paste with 1 can of coconut milk for 5 minutes, stirring often to blend
2. Add beef and second can of coconut milk and bring to boil, continuously stirring
3. Add potatoes and onion, then lower heat to simmer for approximately 30 minutes
4. Remove from heat and add peanuts
5. Serve over rice or pasta, or with bread

Image result for scrapping food in trash gif

Just buy the Hairy Biker's Great Curries and you'll be set for life.

Technical Primates - 

Hiary Biker?  did someone just call me?

Technical Primates -

I love those tubby fucks, from an hour up the road from me! I'll have to check that book out

I make yellow Thai curry with chicken and potatoes and serve with Jasmine rice, it's super simple but damn is it good. The longest part is making the paste but each batch makes enough for 3-4 cookings. If you can find yellow curry paste then you could use that. Below is the ingredients for the dish. 

1 tablespoon oil

half a yellow onion, sliced thinly

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces

1/3 cup yellow curry paste 

10 baby golden yukon potatoes

1 14-ounce can coconut cream (coconut milk can be used) 

1/2 – 1 cup water

2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)

1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)

cilantro and rice for serving

You sauté the onions until soft, add chicken and saute that, add potatoes and paste. Be sure to coat the potatoes and chicken with paste and then add the coconut cream and half cup of water, simmer for 20-30 minutes, add more water for desired consistency. Towards the end add fish sauce and brown sugar should you choose, I personally opt out of the fish sauce usually. Serve over rice with fresh cilantro. 

Why don’t you like googling recipes?  Allrecipies.com is the shit. 

Trust -

Indian or Thai?

Any will do to be honest.

We ate at  a Pakistan resturaunt the other week and they had a wicked chick pea curry.

Post your best!

King Trav -

Oh we have plenty of recipes from them and googling recipes is fine, i guess i just want to see what the OG is capable of.

King Trav -

Hearing first hand from someone who makes the dish can be helpful 

Khun Kao - Thai Masaman Curry Neau, Gai, or Muu
(Beef, Chicken, or Pork)

Ingredients:
• 4 tbsp Masaman Curry Paste
• 2 cans Coconut Milk
• 1 pound Stew Beef, Chicken, or Pork, cut into smaller chunks
• 1 pound potatoes, cubed
• 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
• 2 tbsp peanuts

Directions:
1. Stir fry Masaman Curry Paste with 1 can of coconut milk for 5 minutes, stirring often to blend
2. Add beef and second can of coconut milk and bring to boil, continuously stirring
3. Add potatoes and onion, then lower heat to simmer for approximately 30 minutes
4. Remove from heat and add peanuts
5. Serve over rice or pasta, or with bread

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/chicken-curry-pot-pie

Hammerstein - Do you want your own paste recipe, or do you just want preparation methods? There are a ton of curry pastes and powders on the market, some which are quite good. Or you can learn to create your own spice combinations. Then there's cooking from scratch with fresh spices which is a whole new ballgame. When using premade mixtures my basic method is like this:

in large pan on high heat:
if red meat, brown some onions in a little oil
add about half the amount of spices (a tablespoon or so) and simmer just a little
add meat and brown, but don't quite cook it all the way
add coconut milk and rest of spices, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for ~20 min or so uncovered.
serve on rice

I use about a can of coconut milk per pound of meat, use more if you prefer a more liquid-y curry.

My personal favourite spice mixtures are Baba's and Alagappa's, which are both Malaysian.

Im more or less just looking for a whole recipe for a dish. I know there are tonnes of powders out there so I'll just have to try them out to see whats best.

1st you get 1

and then you intertwine it with 1

makes 1

Just be sure to throw away the residue

Mae Ploy curry pastes are the bollocks

Trust -
TheChief - 
Trust -

Indian or Thai?

Any will do to be honest.

We ate at  a Pakistan resturaunt the other week and they had a wicked chick pea curry.

Post your best!

I make several different Indian curries, but they all have the same base, just use different spice mixes.  

For the spice mixes I buy packets for different types of curry at a local Indo-Pak grocery store. 

The basic curry goes like this:

1.  Dice up one medium onion.  I vary onion types - sometimes red, sometimes sweet, etc. 

2.  In a deep ~10" pot add vegetable oil sufficient to cover the entire bottom, and then a little more.  

3.  Heat the oil to medium heat (below the smoke point).  Add in a teaspoon of black mustard seeds.

5.  Let the mustard seeds heat until they start popping.  Add the onion.  

6.  Fry the onion, stiring ocassionally until the onion pieces turn slightly brown.  

7.  Add in one can of diced tomato (or fresh diced equivalent).  Make sure the can is only tomato, with no added spices.  Sometimes they have Italian spices added in, which will not work.  

8.  Add in a couple tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste.  You can buy this at the local Indo-Pak store, or make your own by grinding up equal parts peeled ginger root and garlic cloves.  

9.  Add in your selected spice mix in the indicated proportion.  It's usually a couple tablespoons.  I usually add in a half teaspoon of salt, too.  

10.  Mix everything together well and lower heat to low (lowest on electric stove top).

11.  Cover pot and let simmer ~30 minutes, stirring ocassionally.  

12. Time to blend.   I use an immersion blender to puree the mix in the pot, but you can also pour it into a good blender container and puree it in the blender.  At this point it you might be tempted to just eat it as is, like a thick curry soup.

Once it's pureed you can add the main ingredient.  I use this as a base for dal masala (lentil curry), so I add in 1 1/2 cups of dry split lentils, and 3 cups of water, then let that simmer for another 30-40 minutes, stirring ocassionally. 

I've also used it for chicken tikka masala.  I just use the chicken tikka masala spice packets instead of the dal masala spice packets and add a little butter.  

Awesome! Thanks, this looks great.

Thanks. For ZEDNed.