Post your Motorcycles

images

Yes. In all fairness, sport bikes just aren’t my thing.

Mine either anymore - too old. But the naked category gets you almost all the performance without nearly as much of the physical discomfort.

1 Like

They’re great in town but I can’t stand the lack of wind protection on the highway. My speed triple was a wheelie machine and a blast on smaller tracks but hell after a couple hours on the highway.

2 Likes

Sweet pic. I’d love to run a big race like that. I’ve only done ~45mi, local cross country races, this is me last month on my KTM 450, pic doesn’t show it but I just climbed out of a steep canyon and nasty rock section (and that last rock fucked me up). Guy in yellow is a course worker, to help all the people that can’t get up this section haha. Lots of people just quit. Only 4 out of 9 guys in my class finished.

2 Likes

Same spot, this guy wasn’t so lucky haha

Capture

4 Likes

Oh yea, I don’t ride for an hour+ on the freeway and don’t think I ever have in my entire 30 years of riding. I get pissed off just driving a car for an hour in a straight line.

With the screen, it’s fine up to about 70. After that, you have to tuck in a bit. I’ve taken it to 120 and gotta have that head down definitely.

2 Likes

My last cross country was 90 minutes… river hill course, felt like a 90 minute moto. Exhausting. Anyway, latest edition to the stable…

s-l640

Oh yeah, winner did 21 laps, friend of mine and 10 years younger, i did 19 for 5th place out of 45. My age approxbat the time…lol.

5 Likes

I forgot to mention, not on that 75 husky, on my 15 crf450. Prerty sure i could do 4th place on the 2021 husky 300 smoker…lol.

4 Likes

HAHA very cool, nice work. This last race was 2hrs but I was mid-course at the time limit so ended up racing almost as long as the A riders.

2 Likes

Well i went to go for a ride this morning and bike wouldnt fire. Dead battery. Bought a new one a couple weeks ago and have had zero issues. Bike sat for 6 days and yesterday fired right up for my commute to work. Im really hoping its not the stator starting to fail because i have to take apart the inner primary/clutch/chain etc to get at it.

Always something with this old bitch. Nothing worse than not having trust in starting the bike. I dont get why it sat for a week and fired up yesterday only for the battery to be dead this morning. Was raining pretty hard on my ride home last night so i was keeping my rpm’s down and riding easy, maybe i wasnt revving it high enough to charge the system while riding?

Leeds to the battery are tight and my ground is good. Only other thing i can think of is the plug off the voltage regulator box isnt making a consistent connection.

Fuck do i hate electrical issues

1 Like

I’ve had problems with voltage regulators in the past.

1 Like

Also get a battery tender.

3 Likes

?

2 Likes

Pass, too low to the ground…

3 Likes

I just bought 16” ape hangers and new cables. Could be a while before they arrive, but I’ll have a much more comfortable and tighter riding bike when it’s all installed.

I put a deposit on that XR650…… I’ve since changed my mind and have been looking more street oriented bikes. Really leaning towards a Suzuki SV650 now, everything is so damn hard to get and places aren’t willing to move at all on prices and fees. Kinda killing my experience.

4 Likes

3 Likes