"Power over others shuts down Empathy" - Science

I therefore propose that to keep our leaders humble, they be subjected to humiliating sexual molestation once a month, and be ass raped twice before their term ends.

This is probably why it's said that most CEOs share some traits with sociopaths.

Interesting

Tomato Can - This is probably why it's said that most CEOs share some traits with sociopaths.

Yep, that has always been my stance. I'm glad there is some science to lend some legitimacy to my claim.

In. Phone Post

Idoharms homie's will be here soon to chime in. Phone Post 3.0

IBProfane - 
Tomato Can - This is probably why it's said that most CEOs share some traits with sociopaths.

Yep, that has always been my stance. I'm glad there is some science to lend some legitimacy to my claim.

If CEOs are sociopaths, just imagine how fucked up politicians are..

Honestly I think the average Fortune 500 CEO has more power than the average politician. Politicians are essentially owned by their corporate sponsors.

Tomato Can - Honestly I think the average Fortune 500 CEO has more power than the average politician. Politicians are essentially owned by their corporate sponsors.
CEOs are owned by the board and shareholders. They try to influence politicians but it is only the actions and decisions of politicians that can grant corporations unfair advantage over others. Even the concept of a corporation itself is a
Government creation. It is a given that a business will take action to advance
It's interests. Politicians are in place to protect the interests of their constituents. They have more power over the lives of people than anyone else. Clearly that power coupled with the dampening of empathy leads to their decisions to sell out the interests of 'the people'. Phone Post 3.0

Cool story, bro.

You're referring to the Stanford Prison Experiment. You should read the wiki page about that study, many have criticized it for being unscientific.

Tomato Can - Cool story, bro.
I expected as much. Bro Phone Post 3.0

Sorry man, I just cannot abide by this idea that when corporate execs/lobbyists bankroll politicians and exert influence over them, the politicians get called corrupt scumbags, while corporations are simply "doing what corporations do" in trying to "enhance shareholder value" and "advance their interests" and so on. As if corporations have somehow abdicated all responsibility to act ethically or morally. It's this sort of attitude on corporate governance that creates beasts like Enron.

Bribery involves 2 parties. One to offer the bribe and one to accept it. Both are culpable.

Human emotion and social interactions are far more complex than a study based on "diary writings" can ever solve.

Might be a interesting first step, but ultimately I have issues. Some of the most giving and charitable people in the world have been powerful, where as some of the cruelest and horrific people have been powerless...and vise vera.

Ridgeback - 

Frank Herbert argued not that power corrupts but that power attracts the inherently corruptible.  The kinds of people who want to rule over their fellows are most likely the kinds who are least likely to empathize with their fellows.

I think there's at least some truth in that.

"Michael Inzlicht"

Ah, I didn't think I'd ever see that name on the OG. Inzlicht is a UToronto-Scarborough crackpot professor of psychology and professional Jewish victim of gentile racism.

According to him, racial prejudice (which of course means that whites are racist and others are not) can be "overcome" by mimicking the movements of others (blacks in this case).

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111003132237.htm

"Fighting Prejudice Through Imitation: Asking White People to Mirror the Movements of a Black Person Lowers Their Levels of Implicit Prejudice."

In other words, wiggers are not racist. If only those darn Klansmen would start acting like black people then there would be no racism.

This Inzlicht guy is a genius. Not.