PPL called Pride a freakshow, look at UFC ! !

Pride and UFC are BOTH great. Anyone who can't appreciate both and all the incredible fights and fighters that came out of both is a full on FAGGOT.

Rappy Gilmore -  Tournaments are exciting but they are horrible for determining who is the best and the champ of the division should never be in them.

I can't agree with this enough...

The finals of these tournaments are just for shits and giggles....it's never a fair fight....

I always wanted to see a titleholder in K1 and title defenses along with tourneys every now and then....

They have titleholders now

CAFattack - UFC had a fucking pro wrassler fight...

Shut Up -

compare that to how many Pride had and get back to me

They have titleholders now

Yeah....too late for me.  I'm a massive Mirko fan and he's beat a lot of GP champs....

JimmersonzGlove - 
jacktripper - 
JimmersonzGlove -  Both orgs are/were about making money over everything.

ufc never fixed fights to draw an audience (other than Franklin/Shamrock.)
Fixed it for ya.

yea im sure zuffa would risk the 10's of millions they invested in mma and possible prosecution to work a ufn fight that franklin was already heavily favored in

bit of a stretch but i dont actually think you believe the fight was worked

orcus -  Has a UFC champion ever fought at the weight at which he's champion, and NOT had the title on the line? Other than when one guy fails to make weight (Riggs, Lutter), I can't think of any.

In Pride, the champions literally had more non-title fights than fights where the title was at stake.

This is true. Didnt Nogueira go like 5 fights before actually defending the title? Sapp and Schilt come to mind!

In fact, IIRC he never actually defended the PRIDE HW belt, losing it to Fedor in his first title defense !

CRBMoney14 - 
Gullivers Travels - 
Mad Xyientist - 
Gullivers Travels - but you would never see top of the line boxers fight more than once in a single night, or any contact sport for that matter.

Is this a joke?  There's this small little kickboxing promotion called "K1" that puts on some of the biggest combat sports events on the planet.  K1 World Grand Prix champions win 3 bouts in a night.  I'm pretty sure that's a contact sport.  In fact, its pretty much a requirement in kickboxing to be win multiple bouts in one night to ever be called "great"

Wrestling and grappling tournaments also have multiple bouts in a day.

Sounds like you're a real "contact sport" aficionado.

I am. Obviously K-1, Strikeforce and others have had tournaments recently, but that doesn't mean it's good for the sport or athletes. I would much rather see 2 top fighters in a weight class have a full training camp and fight each other fresh, than go through 1 or 2 fights earlier in the night. BTW we saw how well pure K-1 strikers did in the last GP. And grappling and wrestling are completely different than boxing/mma in terms of damage sustained.

You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Remy Bonjasky is a pure k-1 striker and he won the last GP

I don't know why I said GP, I was referring to Hari/Overeem and Musashi/Mousasi.