Pray for Saddam

Please pray for Saddam and his victims to be reconciled with the peace,
love and justice that is known through Jesus Christ.

I can agree with that.  We have to hope for the redemption of men even as wicked as Saddam.

Saddam has now met His maker...

I was shocked to read this from him.

And in a final farewell letter posted Wednesday on Saddam's former
Baath Party website, he urged Iraqis not to retaliate against American
citizens.

"I call on you not to hate because hate does not leave space for a
person to be fair and it makes you blind and closes all doors of
thinking," he wrote in Arabic. The Associated Press translated the
letter.

Hussein added: "I also call on you not to hate the people of the other
countries that attacked us."

I think Ridgeback is right. Extremely tough to do though for the
families of those he killed.

Yeah, he might not have hated but he had some emotion driving him when he gassed a bunch of kurdish women and babies...

Ya figure?

I hope he suffered.

And I cant wait to see the video!

Burn in Hell Saddam! You sick piece of shiznit.

I think he was a truly evil human being and I'm not exactly shedding tears now that he's been executed... But I still don't believe he should have been killed, even though he clearly deserved it.

I'd rather have seen him in a hard labor camp for the rest of his life. Make him break rocks in the Iraqi sun. Oh well.

I suppose there is hope that a man as evil as Hussein can redeem himself.

im not sure I like the idea of eternity with sadaam and hitler chatting it up with me.

quite a heady thought to think of some of the worlds most evil men being redeemed. Might cause a bit of ruckus up there.

If those evil dudes said the sinners prayer with a sincere heart they are
good to go no?

I hope they release the whole video, complete with him dangling from the rope.

There are a few things to consider.  We tend to look at a person's acts only but we don't know what condition a person's heart (or nous) is in.  Some people are born into horrible families or have physical issues where even the tiniest act of kindness may have a more profound effect on their inner heart than the most heroic sacrifice from a person who had good parents and a good personality, etc.  To whom much is given much will be required.

For my own part, I do not picture Saddam's possible redemption outside of the fires of hell or some intense suffering.  Remember that even in a universal salvation scheme some people may burn in the lake of fire for "ages of ages".

Luke 15, 7.

"I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. "

cherry, I don't believe so.

As it is, he died holding the Koran and doesn't believe in Jesus for salvation. He made a bet...he know will discover if there are 72 virgins waiting for him or not...

I think having a koran in your hand and praising allah gives a good indication..."ye shall know them by their fruits".

I would bet the farm on old curious george

lol @ praying for Sadam

You wouldn't understand.  Its a Christian thing.

I guess not.

I dont believe in hell. But I truly hope he burns in hell. According to the God of the Old Testament, he will be burning in hell.