Pre-fight nerves tips?

Being prepaired is the best advice. I always had nerves problems when i was kickboxing cause I didnt have anyone to push me and help me get ready for fights like I needed to be. Well I started training with a really good group of guys and had my first NHB fight back in February. When it came fight time, I was totally calm and was having fun. Nerves and fear were the farthest thing from my mind because I knew that I was ready and that I was gonna do my best.

The nerves are part of the experience. I think that the biggest part of testing yourself in the ring is how you deal with those nerves.

I do some simple breathing exercises \ meditation, warm-up and do more breathing. I tell myself I have trained hard and winning is the result of hard training, now I have to go out there and have fun.

I think it is important to realise you are doing this because it's something you enjoy, and the fight is time to play.

Sammy, nerves will absolutely hurt you cardio bro and make you do things stupid some times. That is why it is good to be well prepared and try and calm yourself before your fight.

I was in Dustin's corner in his first NHB fight and I will tell you he did EVERYTHING PERFECT. Exactly like he was supposed to do and looked very impressive in the fight. He was calm despite having to fight one of the more dangerous guys in the tourney in UFC vet Jeremy JAcksons brother Oscar, who is a hell of a boxer. He came back from round one without breathing hard at all and just conversed about what he needed to do in round 2 like we were in training. Then he got poked in the eye. Shit happens:)

I like MWNightmare's anchoring tip, should work well based on my experiences with auto-suggestion.

I remember when I used to fight amateur, if you went into the bathroom you could tell when a fighter had been in there. The smell of nervous diarhea is unforgettable.

OMG! nervous diahrea!

"Then he got poked in the eye. Shit happens:)"

Me and Tito need to start wearing goggles when we fight. lol

Striking Viking AND Norwegian Assassin on the same thread?!

I even know Striking Viking

ttt

Just smoke a fat one and tell yourself, "Nothing he does can hurt me." You'll do fine.

Thanks a lot fellas.... I have taken a lot of it on board. I think I am a bit more nervous now than I will be on Sunday, but I think I am just going to train pretty hard the next couple of nights (without injuring myself of course), listen to some good tunes before and remember to warm up properly.

Any suggestions of a good meal the night before, I heard Steak and chips is good?