Pre-Order A PS4 With Watch Dogs? Bad news.

Ubisoft Has No Answer For Fate Of Watch Dogs PS4/Xbox One Bundles

News of the big Watch Dogs delay left us with one big question: what happens to people who shelled out money to pre-order the Watch Dogs PS4/Xbox One bundles, expecting to get both game and console this November?

Earlier this year, Ubisoft partnered up with Sony to offer a next-gen bundle that would include both the next PlayStation and Ubisoft's open-world game. GameStop offered their own bundle that included Watch Dogs and the Xbox One. People who pre-ordered one of the two bundles expected to get both game and console this November.

But now Watch Dogs isn't coming out this November—it's coming out next spring. Which leads to the question: what happens to people who pre-ordered a Watch Dogs bundle?

I reached out to Ubisoft to ask what's going on. Their response was... vague:

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo understand the importance of releasing games of the very highest quality for their consoles. Our partnership with Sony remains strong and we will have more details to share about the specific benefits of this partnership for PlayStation customers at a later date.

Um, what? I wrote back: "This is a little disconcerting. Tons of our readers pre-ordered the next-gen Watch Dogs bundles - you guys really don't have an answer for what will happen to their pre-orders? Should they just cancel?

Ubisoft's second response:

We hope that players who have pre-ordered the game will still look forward to playing it in Spring 2014, and that the extra polish and quality we’ll be able to add to the game will ensure a fantastic gaming experience.

The big question here is whether people are still guaranteed their next-gen consoles this fall. Will they have to wait until next year? Will they get some sort of make-up voucher?

We've reached out to Microsoft and Sony as well, and we'll keep you updated as we hear more.

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-has-no-answer-for-fate-of-watch-dogs-ps4-xbox-o-1445675601

Fortunately for PS4 users they will be able to play used PS4 games to hold themselves over.

Misleading thread title, now go stand in the corner

PatK - Misleading thread title, now go stand in the corner

Misleading how? People paid money for a launch bundle with this game and now they're not gonna get what they paid for. That's bad news, IMO.

It's not coming out for Xbox on time either.

The PS4 and Ubisoft bundle is the only official bundle where the two companies got together and made a deal. The other bundles are being put together by stores and obviously those are not gonna happen on time either.

It's actually good news. The game wasn't looking too hot in recent showings. Phone Post 3.0

The Masked Mustachio - Everyone will still be playing gta v. No real pressing need for next Gen many players feel Phone Post

Yep and bf4. I haven't seen any must have titles for the ps4 yet. Phone Post

Sagiv Lapkin -

Misleading how? People paid money for a launch bundle with this game and now they're not gonna get what they paid for. That's bad news, IMO.

Who is stupid enough to pay money up front to pre-order? Stores like Amazon will not charge you a dime until the order is ready to be shipped. Phone Post

ajjr0ller - 
Sagiv Lapkin -

Who is stupid enough to pay money up front to pre-order? Stores like Amazon will not charge you a dime until the order is ready to be shipped. Phone Post

I think they sold out of those pre-order bundles, so a lot of people. Personally, I haven't pre-ordered anything (but I do think I'm going PS4 and not XBone).

I'd be annoyed if I paid to have something on a certain date and they didn't deliver.

Amazon says they plan to honor all PS4 Watch Dogs bundles this November—without Watch Dogs, which has been delayed until spring of 2014. If you pre-ordered the console, Amazon says you'll get it. No word on what you'll get instead of Watch Dogs, if anything.

"For those of you who pre-order the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle—don’t worry—you will still be getting your Playstation 4 (without Watch Dogs) based on your current delivery estimate," Amazon writes. "We are adjusting the orders now and will update you once we know more."

Sagiv Lapkin -

Amazon says they plan to honor all PS4 Watch Dogs bundles this November—without Watch Dogs, which has been delayed until spring of 2014. If you pre-ordered the console, Amazon says you'll get it. No word on what you'll get instead of Watch Dogs, if anything.

"For those of you who pre-order the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle—don’t worry—you will still be getting your Playstation 4 (without Watch Dogs) based on your current delivery estimate," Amazon writes. "We are adjusting the orders now and will update you once we know more."

That sucks man.. Watch Dogs wasn't looking as good as it did in the earlier trailers...hopefully the game comes out better Phone Post