Preaching in Los Angeles Sunday

Will be at tribela.com dinner starts at 5pm come hang out if interested.

rev Phone Post 3.0

Would you be offended if somebody told you after they didn't believe in religious parts of your preaching but found it inspiring or comforting? Priest who did my grandfather's funeral did a great job last weekend by telling people what they needed to hear at that moment Phone Post 3.0

At my church in long beach there were two atheists that were regulars. Though they did not believe in the "god" stuff as the termed it, they found the ideas of the kingdom, and trying to live a new humanity very compelling. So no, I would think it is cool.

I tend to tell people what they don't want to hear however in a normal church setting :)

Rev Phone Post 3.0

What's the name of your church if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Long Beach. Phone Post 3.0

One day I'll end up in church again. Phone Post 3.0

vandizzam - What's the name of your church if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Long Beach. Phone Post 3.0
We didn't have a name. We were a small house church. But I have since moved to the ojai valley. I do have some friends with churches in long beach if you are looking for something in particular let me know

rev Phone Post 3.0

If I lived near I would drop by. You inspire me with your posts.

At my church there are some agnostic folks. No problem there.

I would argue groups like AA are probably more Christian in practice than many churches. Look at their core principles.

Rev - you ever read any Karen Armstrong books? History of God, Battle for God...? I am a big fan.

I have not read her books. I tend towards a more activist liberation theology than a mystical one. Not sure I would connect with her but I may pick up one of her books

If you liked her you might try Dave Andrews book not religion but love. He is a friend and mentor of mine and speaks a lot about interfaith issues from an activist point of view

rev Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

Sorry, I'll be to busy drinking.

They have wine!!!

rev Phone Post 3.0

GenErick - Sorry, I'll be to busy drinking.
Aren't you guys brothers? Lol Phone Post 3.0

Bless you my friend and good luck Phone Post 3.0

Are there enough prayers in the bible to save your brother from eternal damnation? Phone Post 3.0

Gritty - Are there enough prayers in the bible to save your brother from eternal damnation? Phone Post 3.0
Not in the bible but luckily we can make up our own. Unfortunately I can't be bothered

rev Phone Post 3.0