Preakness

I know we've got some horsemen on here (I'm looking at you Steve W!), who do you guys like for the Preakness this Saturday?

Do you think Nyquill...err...Nyquist will win the second leg? How about some of the other possibilites like Exaggerator (Half of the OG), Gun Runner (Serge K's favorite?), or a long shot like Uncle Lino (aka Jinx)?

I lost $210 on the Derby so I'm looking for revenge. REVENGE!

One just the Derby race or was that through the course of the day? Do you OTB or were you at the Downs?

ptper - I lost $210 on the Derby so I'm looking for revenge. REVENGE!

Oh and who do you like on Saturday?

LiveWire - 

We do an office pool (with some outsiders as well) and hand it over to one of the guys and his son. They study the fuck out of this stuff and we let them make the call. This year we had a total of about $4,000 that was placed on all kinds of superfecta and trifecta wheel bets, exactas, and some straight up win/place bets.

We actually hit the exacta, but the payout was such shit that we only got about $14 each.

Best year we had was about $700 each above what we initially put in. This year was the worst one so far due mostly to Gunrunner fucking up all our combos and the rest of the finishers being favorites.

I honestly can't name a single horse (other than Nyquist) that is running in the Preakness.

Nyquist looks like the real deal. He can basically run any style of race which makes him tough to beat. If I had to put money on an upset I would say Stradivari and Exaggerator are good bets. Phone Post 3.0

Stradivari is an interesting horse as this will be his first stakes race. He impressively blew out the field in his last two races so it'll be interesting to see how he does with the huge step up in competition. Phone Post 3.0

ptper - 
LiveWire - 

We do an office pool (with some outsiders as well) and hand it over to one of the guys and his son. They study the fuck out of this stuff and we let them make the call. This year we had a total of about $4,000 that was placed on all kinds of superfecta and trifecta wheel bets, exactas, and some straight up win/place bets.

We actually hit the exacta, but the payout was such shit that we only got about $14 each.

Best year we had was about $700 each above what we initially put in. This year was the worst one so far due mostly to Gunrunner fucking up all our combos and the rest of the finishers being favorites.

I honestly can't name a single horse (other than Nyquist) that is running in the Preakness.

That's pretty cool. I like that idea.

FaceToFace - Nyquist looks like the real deal. He can basically run any style of race which makes him tough to beat. If I had to put money on an upset I would say Stradivari and Exaggerator are good bets. Phone Post 3.0

Is he a mudder? The amount of rain we've had here has been ridiculous. Haven't checked the forecast but it wouldn't suprise me if it rains on Saturday too.

Do you have a handicapping strategy?

LiveWire -
FaceToFace - Nyquist looks like the real deal. He can basically run any style of race which makes him tough to beat. If I had to put money on an upset I would say Stradivari and Exaggerator are good bets. Phone Post 3.0

Is he a mudder? The amount of rain we've had here has been ridiculous. Haven't checked the forecast but it wouldn't suprise me if it rains on Saturday too.

He has ran mud a couple if times and looked great doing it, this derby was a little easier to handing then some experts made it seem. I hit the exacta, trifecta, and superfecta this year. Overall I am going to stick to Nyquist and Exaggerator as my win and place positions, to be honest I can see them in reverse positions for the Preakness. We will certainly have a good indication of Belmont Stakes this weekend and if we will see back to back triple crowns but I would bet against it at this point.

Im going to handicap the Preakness after the post positions are made and I will post my picks for the race and a few undercard races. Phone Post 3.0

Babyhand -
LiveWire -

He has ran mud a couple if times and looked great doing it, this derby was a little easier to handing then some experts made it seem. I hit the exacta, trifecta, and superfecta this year. Overall I am going to stick to Nyquist and Exaggerator as my win and place positions, to be honest I can see them in reverse positions for the Preakness. We will certainly have a good indication of Belmont Stakes this weekend and if we will see back to back triple crowns but I would bet against it at this point.

Im going to handicap the Preakness after the post positions are made and I will post my picks for the race and a few undercard races. Phone Post 3.0
That's awesome bro. VU.

Do you mind sharing your system?

I use a pretty simple one: I like horses who are on their 3rd race after a layoff. Phone Post 3.0

Hey guys, on vacation in Maui so I havent been able to get my full predictions down yet. Here are two best I feel really comfortable with, even with the rain that is scheduled

EXACTA BOX Nyquist, Exaggerator
EXACTA BOX Nyquist, Stradivari
TRIFECTA Nyquist, Stradivari, Exaggerator
TRIFECTA Stradivari, Nyquist, Exaggerator
TRIFECTA BOX Nyquist, Stradivari, Exaggerator

Tomorrow Ill put together my superfecta picks and any changes as they come. Good luck guys! Phone Post 3.0

weather says 100% chance of rain saturday... better hope his father was a mudder... better hope his mother was mudder...

Going to be fun to watch

Babyhand - Hey guys, on vacation in Maui so I havent been able to get my full predictions down yet. Here are two best I feel really comfortable with, even with the rain that is scheduled

EXACTA BOX Nyquist, Exaggerator
EXACTA BOX Nyquist, Stradivari
TRIFECTA Nyquist, Stradivari, Exaggerator
TRIFECTA Stradivari, Nyquist, Exaggerator
TRIFECTA BOX Nyquist, Stradivari, Exaggerator

Tomorrow Ill put together my superfecta picks and any changes as they come. Good luck guys! Phone Post 3.0
Finished up with my picks, with everything together between all my exotic picks you can definitely stay below the 30 dollar mark. I would bet heavy on the exacta with Nyquist beating Exaggerator. I would also spend a few dollars on a Trifecta box with Nyquist, Exaggerator and Stradivari. Below are my Superfecta picks.

Superfecta $1.00 Box
Nyquist, Exaggerator, Stradivari, Cherry Wine

Superfecta $.20 Box
Nyquist, Exaggerator, Stradivari, Collected

Good luck gentleman! Phone Post 3.0

What's the best way to bet online if my state is restricted?

Stradivari is now the favorite at even money? I like him but that seems like a huge stretch considering he's only had two wins against much lower competition.The splits on those races weren't that impressive either and he hasn't run in the mud before.

FaceToFace -

What's the best way to bet online if my state is restricted?

Xpressbet.com. Now sure about your individual state but it's legal in many so I would check into.

I had a good day at Pimlico yesterday, finished up $50 after being down $130 going into the last race that I stayed for. Phone Post 3.0

nice finish livewire. what're you liking today? Phone Post 3.0

Whatever you do don't bet on Homeboykris Phone Post 3.0