Pregnant woman doing crossfit? Yes or no?

Just saw a pic on Facebook of a woman who is four weeks from her due date doing clean and presses.

Does this seem like a good idea to anyone?

Perhaps I don't know enough about anatomy and physiology, or crossfit for that matter, but it seems like the risk vs. reward here is all out of whack.

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

I would think they'd be doing that against the advice of their obstetricians.

I think it's ok if she's had a healthy pregnancy since the beginning.. :) got a pic?

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

not educated at all on the subject, but i would guess you are correct.

My wife's obgyn said that anything that didn't cause her discomfort was just fine. Phone Post 3.0

For the record I knew a yoga instructor who was a fucking beast and would hold these a amazing poses that most didnt have the strength to do.

She was taking yoga classes up until two days before she have birth.

However, I think there is a huge difference in intensity between yoga and crossfit. Phone Post 3.0

I'd guess as long as there is no impact she's fine(like running and jumping)

I think it would depend on the woman. In the past women birthed babys in fields, caves, with no medical support. There was no prenatal care or time off. With many women who abuse themselves with drugs and alcohol I would deffinetly choose the one cleans and presses.

Is that really a necessary exercise so close to birthing? That's more about the woman's anxiety about getting fat or out of shape than helping the birthing process. Phone Post 3.0

Cross fit is controversial for anybody so I would say not a good idea for someone who is pregnant. If you got rabdo that cant be good for the baby.

NorthernHospitality -

I think it's ok if she's had a healthy pregnancy since the beginning.. :) got a pic?

Phone Post 3.0

that baby is gonna be a crossfitting douche

Nitecrawler -
NorthernHospitality -

Phone Post 3.0
That's just uppity Phone Post 3.0

Nitecrawler -
NorthernHospitality -

Phone Post 3.0
That does not look safe at all. What if bar fell on belly!!!? Besides, weight lifting MAX for preggos is 50lbs. Phone Post 3.0

As long as she knows her limits and listens to her body i say why not.

If she is trying to push out that last rep as her knees buckle and then decides thats the perfect time to do burpees till she almost blacks out... then I say she is being a moron. Phone Post 3.0

That's can't be good, but some chicks do get pregnant not get all fat while being healthy.my cousin did it, with her last two pregnancies. From behind, you wouldn't ever have thought she was pregnant. She came out of both of those wanting to lose 15lbs. Phone Post 3.0

Nitecrawler - 
NorthernHospitality -

Phone Post 3.0

nice! 

I think she knows what her body is capable of..

Thread title could be reduced to just "doing crossfit? Yes or no?" and the answer would still be no

are those bumpers ten's?

so that's probably only 65lbs