President Obamas modern US military.

TInkerbellBeefcake - Crazy sounding names ( African American names ) require 15 resumes sent before call back to 10. Boo hoo, your name is culturally disliked, deal.

The study also suggests that 'black Americans don't have a strong incentive to build a better resume' FUCK YOU

Yea I'll stop reading now Phone Post 3.0

So it is okay to discriminate based on a person's culture even though they are just as credentialed to do the job?

Also it is a good thing that the stronger the white resume the more call backs, but there wasn't such a correlation for a stronger black resumes?

The fact that you even start off calling them crazy sounding names shows a massive racial bias in what you consider proper vs improper.

HughJarse - 
red7 - It was probably a mandatory EO brief, done annually. What probably happened is that the briefer (most likely a black female) went off the reservation 8n her brief. The content of the brief is not mandated, so the briefer built their own. I can almost guarantee that the brief given was not kicked down from higher echelons. Phone Post 3.0

Yep.  A single unauthorized slide in a presentation to a part of a single battalion.  Not exactly indicative of what it's like in "Obama's modern military".

Here's an excerpt from USA Today back in April 2015 when this actually happened:

WASHINGTON — Army officials are investigating a diversity training briefing at Fort Gordon, Ga., in which a slide about "white privilege" was inappropriately shown to soldiers, according to an Army spokeswoman

The Equal Opportunity briefing took place Thursday for about 400 soldiers of the 67th Signal Battalion, Capt. Lindsay Roman, an Army spokeswoman, said Friday. The slide titled "The Luxury of Obliviousness" has bullet-point items about "white privilege."

One item reads, "Race privilege gives whites little reason to pay a lot of attention to African Americans or to how white privilege affects them. 'To be white in America means not having to think about it.' "

An image of the slide appeared later Thursday on a Facebook page and generated a torrent of negative comments about political correctness run amok.

The presentation was not authorized, nor was it part of the standard slides shown to soldiers, Roman said.

"The unit (Equal Opportunity) instructor deviated from the authorized topic and content which was provided," Roman said. "To prevent further instances, all unit instructors will receive additional training on the importance of following Army EO training requirements."

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...i don't want to go through more training, so much of it is obvious already. (i am complaining about the last line).

disbeliever - Even Raven Samone said she wouldn't call back a black applicant with a crazy name either

Did you watch the clip? She said she wouldn't hire Watermelon-isha...and it was definitely more of a joke than a real statement.

Briettbart is definitely right leaning. But it's not near as bad as the Blaze on the right or Salon on the left. It is more akin to HuffPost definitely slanted but not quite as bad as others.

GodSaveTheReem - 
disbeliever - Even Raven Samone said she wouldn't call back a black applicant with a crazy name either

Did you watch the clip? She said she wouldn't hire Watermelon-isha...and it was definitely more of a joke than a real statement.

If someone showed up to a job interview with that hair regardless of their skin color I wouldn't hire them. She looks like a fucking rooster.

And yet again anti-leftist leftists criticize Breitbart for reporting on a factual issue that no other news org will dare touch.

Jack Carter - 

And yet again anti-leftist leftists criticize Breitbart for reporting on a factual issue that no other news org will dare touch.

it was already pointed out 30 min ago it was a none story...it wasn't widely reported because there was nothing to report.

VinegarStrokes - 
GodSaveTheReem - 

If someone showed up to a job interview with that hair regardless of their skin color I wouldn't hire them. She looks like a fucking rooster.

Even a liberal like me can't argue with that...

TInkerbellBeefcake - 
GodSaveTheReem - 
TInkerbellBeefcake - Crazy sounding names ( African American names ) require 15 resumes sent before call back to 10. Boo hoo, your name is culturally disliked, deal.

The study also suggests that 'black Americans don't have a strong incentive to build a better resume' FUCK YOU

Yea I'll stop reading now Phone Post 3.0

So it is okay to discriminate based on a person's culture even though they are just as credentialed to do the job?

Also it is a good thing that the stronger the white resume the more call backs, but there wasn't such a correlation for a stronger black resumes?

The fact that you even start off calling them crazy sounding names shows a massive racial bias in what you consider proper vs improper.

you can use bullshit terms all you want but Greg George and Landon are going to look at CRAZY black american names and have an immediate visceral reaction. Just like when I look for a doctor and see an Indian name I will give them my business more often than not.

my last Doctor had an Indian name, turned out he's a white man who married an Indian lady who is also a Dr and took her name.

I wonder why.

But WHY the visceral reaction? What about it is so alien that it justifies not hiring them even though they are equally qualified?

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
by any other name would smell as sweet.

I am all for equality but this whole concept of white privilege does nothing but separate people and tell one group they should feel sorry for themselves because they aren't white. While simultaneously telling they should feel sorry for the other group because they are white. It's such stupidity.

Jack Carter - 

Did you miss the USA Today story -- from a year ago, when this actually happened -- that I quoted?  

disbeliever - 
GodSaveTheReem -

She also posted on Twitter about not hiring black sounding names and was roasted by blacks. She wasn't joking Phone Post 3.0

Shit...really? Well then...I take back my previous statement.

Though it still doesn't justify discrimination based off of names.

Had a shaved head for better part of a decade, friends and family would constantly make jokes about it being why I wouldn't get jobs or promotions.

Grew my hair out for my sister in law's wedding. And shortly after got a promotion I'd been aiming for.

We are all judged by multiple factors when you are presenting yourself to be evaluated.

Your stupid name is just as detrimental as a bad haircut, tattoos or anything else.

The real problem is why does the black community celebrate this, rather than stop.

And anyone who claims white privilege is real, sure it is, so is black privilege, guy with nice hair privilege, not being seen as a potential lawsuit privilege. Phone Post 3.0