Preworkout giving me anxiety

Anyone had this happen before ? I was using it everyday I worked out and taking a little over one scoop for about one and a half months. I think it has caused me to have anxiety and brain fog recently. I am going to quit cold turkey, plus I was taking some nootropics here and there

I wasn't getting anxiety during taking it. I have been getting it during the day before I even take the supplement or go to the gym. 

Had a freak out on the way home from the gym in traffic once. My pre had 300mg of caffeine in it and I over exhausted myself in in the gym which is probably what caused it. Try drinking a small black coffee instead my dude. 

My brain just feels fried and feel like I have a lot more anxiety During the day. I am guessing this is caused by the preworkout and also nootropics. Probably too much to handle for my brain and I should stop taking them for a few weeks until I feel better 

Is it normal though to feel anxiety when not on it after taking a lot of it plus nootropics ? Maybe my brain couldn't handle it anymore plus I'm sensitive to caffeine 

Plus I was taking a fat burner during this lol I forgot about that so that's a lot of caffeine that has prob messed with my brain and burnt it out 

Could be a lot of things. At the end of the day, your physiology/dose is the greatest determinant.

Try eating a snack 20 mins before taking the PW

I am trying to figure out why a non-paid "athlete" would regularly take a pre-workout supp 

Mr Spliff -

I am trying to figure out why a non-paid "athlete" would regularly take a pre-workout supp 

Cause I'm fuckin stupid and I don't give a fuck about jail 

dhughes -

I had some preworkout shit that they later found out had a meth analog in it and it was shelved.  Hard to ever really know what's in that crap.  I agree with the black coffee.

This. I think the best way to sell PW stuff is to give people that "amped up" feeling. 

TerrySilver -

Anyone had this happen before ? I was using it everyday I worked out and taking a little over one scoop for about one and a half months. I think it has caused me to have anxiety and brain fog recently. I am going to quit cold turkey, plus I was taking some nootropics here and there

Stimulants will do that, especially to those that have a natural predisposition to anxiety. Post the listed ingredients and I might get becsble to help narrow it down for you. Some Nootropics can cause anxiety as well. I think the worst for me was Noopept. That shit was awful.

dhughes -

I had some preworkout shit that they later found out had a meth analog in it and it was shelved.  Hard to ever really know what's in that crap.  I agree with the black coffee.

That's fucked up. What was the name of it? Any links?

Only time I have got anxiety from pre-workout was when I took big dose then got stuck on a conference call at work. I couldn't escape to use up all the rage I had!

Quit taking it

Mr Spliff - 

Huh? Pre workout sups like caffeine are fine and very effective for boosting your performance through the roof...now, I don't see the reason to add ephedrine and other meth-like chemicals to the mix..

Eggbert - 

Stop taking all that shit. If you need a boost pre workout just have some coffee. Your nervous system is trying to tell you something and your heart rate is probably all over the place. Big red flag is the brain fog. Stay away from the brain pills. 

Aren't you taking steroids though?

I'd have to agree though, anything beyond caffeine will eventually wear you down and make you feel like shit,.stuff like ephedrine and these other raw stims put in today's pre workouts will make you kill the weights for awhile but then you have to pay back in a way..there s no such thing as free limitless energy...if you have t found that out yet, you eventually will

I took ephedrine and other stims like Adderal off and on for years..no good..btw what is there out there now that works better than straight up ephedrine? I remember the way ephedrine/caffeine stack made me feel.

I never understood taking stimulants before working out. Why artificially increase your heart rate to prepare for an activity that is going to naturally increase it??
A lot of my workouts are very intense. I only have one heart.

Realistically, a few warm up sets and some heavy metal should be all I need. Maybe a cup of coffee if im feeling sluggish.

Proteins, carbs, fluids, BCAAs, Creatine, etc..... All make sense to me. Not the stimulants.

Of course, that's just me.

My advice if you are going to blend supplements, is to get the pure forms and mix them yourself.

I would also stick to the basics. Keep it simple.

But again, that's just me.

stop using that shit, its not worth the money anyways

Stick to coffee and bcaa's

IHeartBoobies -
TerrySilver -

Stimulants will do that, especially to those that have a natural predisposition to anxiety. Post the listed ingredients and I might get becsble to help narrow it down for you. Some Nootropics can cause anxiety as well. I think the worst for me was Noopept. That shit was awful.

https://postimg.org/gallery/v7d62jng