Pride and "Masks"

If judoka can wear a gi and wrestlers can wear shoes, then I don't see why a luchador can't wear a mask. As long as the eyes are open so that a ref or doctor can check a fighter's level of coherency then I don't see a problem.

I think what he is trying to say is, the mask protects you against resin and glass gloves minimizing the possibility of received any facial gashes.

He should not be allowed to wera that mask. for one, it's dangerous. It's made of rough edged plastic that could easily cut his opponents foot.

I've read two pages of arguements against the mask, but you guys are way off base and missing the point. The person wearing the mask has an added advantage of avoiding cuts to the face. See that's why I have a green name and you guys don't.

I don't know what the mask is made of, but could the mask itself cut the face? Get twisted into the eyes?

Wrestlers for years have been hiding foreign objects in their masks. Totally unfare advantage for Dos Caras Jr.

PRIDE needs to stop bringing in Pro wrestlers.

but the cuts guys ... what about the cuts ?

"Men in masks cannot be trusted."

A fighter as skilled as Dos could wear chain mail armor and still get his ass kicked.

I don't think a mask should be allowed because it covers a part of the body that the opponent often tries to strike, and it lowers the possibility of the skin of the facial area being lacerated, resulting in expulsion of plasma fluid which may often persuade the referee to call the conclusion to the match.

Wouldn't it be harder to cut a guy if he was wearing a mask on his face?

the lone ranger never inflicted nor received any cuts in his many mask wearing years! nuff said.

Don't forget that with it on you can't see if there are cuts.

All of this childishness aside, I have never even thought of that.

The mask is a HUGE advantage to a fighter that cuts easily. Why the hell is this even legal?

You guys are missing the point entirely. Back in Dussledorf, many fighters would wear a thick, yet breathable material over the facial area. This dates back to the pre-WWI era in which bombradiers would wear these "masks" to prevent and damage to the face, that may stop a bout prematurely.

mayhem

"I missed ptm2020's post ... a bunch of fucking idiots here, I swear ..."

LMAO@This thread.

dude! i bet if you wore one of those masks it would prevent any possibility of getting CUT!!!

If you wear a mask you won't get cunt...

.... aw damnit!