Pride Bushido - 5/22 - 2 matches

From Puroresupower.com

"The promotion announced Yoshiro Maeda (Pancrase) vs. Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett and Ryo Chonan vs. Nino "Elvis" Schembri for their 5/22 Ariake Colosseum show in Tokyo (Bushido Vol. 7)."

Yoshiro Maeda's last fight was a draw against Immanari in Deep. "Crazy Horse" Bennett was last seen in Bushido losing to Gomi.

"Elvis" Schembi is now with Chute Boxe.

Two good fights.

"Elvis" Schembi is now with Chute Boxe"

Is he really. I didnt know that.
He shoudl have considerably better standup after traingin with them!

Yoshiro Maeda's last fight was a draw against Immanari in Deep.

Maeda's last fight was yesterday, where he won by armbar over Takumi Murata. Murata took 2nd in the ADCC Japan trials.

"Maeda's last fight was yesterday, where he won by armbar over Takumi Murata. Murata took 2nd in the ADCC Japan trials."-Ryan was this fight at 145lbs? I would imagine his fight with "Crazy Horse" will be at 155lbs.

If people don't know Maeda now, please keep note of this guy. He has only way to go and that is up. Very skilled fighter.

The Pancrase weight class that Maeda fights in is actually 141 lbs, whereas Bushido's lowest weight class is 160.6 lbs. So that's a big jump up in weight for Maeda. He has fought someone who weighs 160 lbs (Shinya Sato), but that was far from being a top shelf opponent.

Thxs Ryan.

How do you think he will fair against Crazy Horse?

What's pride? Watches TUF again

LOL @ Kai!!

He'll win. Probably will be exciting as hell. Krazy Horse likes to brawl, and Maeda is a great striker, so there'll be fireworks. On the ground, Maeda is a lot better, but he prefers to strike.

Maeda's style is almost identical to Kondo's. But Maeda is faster and more athletic. Maeda has the best reaction time of any fighter I've ever seen. It's awesome to watch him knee or soccer kick an opponent as they're crouching or falling down. The flying knee he landed on Soca was beautiful. He was chasing Soca while throwing punches. Soca changed levels to shoot, and just as he did that Maeda jumped in the air and smacked him with the knee. Maeda was mid-stride when he did that.

He also did this insane flipping cartwheel type thing to defend one of Paixao's takedowns.

Just an incredible athlete. And he does some crazy shit too, which is cool. He tried a front flip kick on a butt scooting opponent once. Haha.

Thanks Ryan.

When Aristeia Management was managing Ivan Menjivar we were trying to get a match with Maeda. Would've been an excellent match and very exciting for the fans.

Maeda should handle Krazy Horse without too many problems as long as he fights smart.  I'm hoping Nino shows some improvement this time out.

www.greenwhaleproductions.com

Honestly, I can't dis Bushido too much, the weight classes for non-heavyweights in Japan are so deep in Talent that not even Pride can fuck up the match ups.

Funny you should say that Kai, because Bushido hasn't been nearly as exciting as the regular Pride events so far.

Through 6 events, there still hasn't been a memorable Bushido show.

Nino has been with Chute Boxe for awhile now. He was with them for some time before losing to Sakuraba in their rematch.

Krazy Horse is da shit! Even if he don't win.

The last Bushido was pretty sweet!

Thye always have packed out cards - with good strong (usually even) match-ups.

Hence a lot of JD's

"I know of another match up!!!! but i aint saying shit .

any guesses.

he's a 185lb american jits stud."

Does your screen name give it away ?

"Yoshiro Maeda's last fight was a draw against Immanari in Deep.

Maeda's last fight was yesterday, where he won by armbar over Takumi Murata. Murata took 2nd in the ADCC Japan trials."

Thanks Ryan - my bad. Had'nt remembered the Pancrase show last night.

Bushido has good matchups, they just haven't come off yet.

Schembri has got to be the worst striker in Chute Boxe. I can't imagine that he will hang with Chonan, who is a monster.

Bennett is fun as hell to watch. I was talking to Takumi and he said that Bennett's brother is crazier than Crazy Horse. He said after he beat Bennett in KOTC that his brother, who doesn't even train, was challenging him to fight.