PRIDE Bushido @ Hooters/Vancity

Yeah they were on the shelves. Wish I picked up the Machado book. Definitely best in terms of techniques I'd never seen before. You should be able to order them to be delivered to any store you want if there not on the shelf.

Which Machado book? Do you have a book recommendation for a beginner to supplement training?

go to www.chapters.ca and type in brazilian jiu-jitsu for search of books. Six results.

Free shipping to your home if you place an order of $39 or more before taxes.

Jean Jacques Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt Techniques. My brother picked it up last night. Definitely my favourite out of the ones I mentioned above.

Without a proper grasp of fundamentals, I would say that the majority of BJJ books are pretty much useless for beginners. Most of the books I've seen out there only teach "moves" but rarely explain the basic mechanics of posture, positioning and escapes. It should be easy to write about the certain universal truths behind why every technique works in grappling, but I have yet to see something that addresses it for beginners.

I've learned more about the fundamentals in articles and postings on the internet than I have from books.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

shee ti didnt see jean j m book at robson chapters. maybe i missed it. they got a whole lot of royce copies there though

how was pride at hooters