Pride Commentary = Bas + Douchebag

I actually agree with Ghost

That will probably never happen again...LOL

"I actually agree with Ghost

That will probably never happen again...LOL"

I better go unleash my "Cro Cop would KILL Fedor" topic before this happens too much and my batting average goes down.

"He bought property on BAs' balls so he can swing from them full-time."

LOL

SQ is a great tome of knowledge on the sport and his all round skills can't be questioned, however his commentary is like fingernails down a blackboard to me.

I thought Quadros was funny and he really did know a lot about the sport

Out of the 3 choices, I liked the guy who screamed "KEVIN RANDLEMAN HAS KNOCKED OUT MIRKO CRO COP" the best. I don't care for Bas' continous liver shot and other jokes, and Rampage's gimmick bothers me.

They need to give rampage his job, Rampage for president!

if it's the same guy who called Bushido 2, yeah he really sucks. Damon Perry also sucked.

the japanese must really want fagdorks to kick it with Bas.

hes better than jim brown

The new guy is fine. Just not special or exciting. Bas and Quadros had great chemestry.

Replacing Quadros was a big mistake! Bring back Quadros ASAP!

I think that his cliche's were horrid... but other than that meh, he wasn't special. by the way, not all canadians say aboot! I'd bet that percentage wise we enunciate better than you Americans. I say percentage wise because California has more people there than in all of Canada... ouch

LOL @ ArmbarKing."We have ways of making you pronounce the letter O."- John Candy, Canadian Bacon

Keep Bas!

BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIK

Ghost you are a complete idiot! ABOOT ok retard!

I say, Stephen Quadros is a phenomenal announcer.

Top notch old boy!

Something I said on another thread, I couldn't agree more with thread starter:

"Even though without them being the announcing team PRIDE is still probably the best MMA company in the world, I really REALLY miss the broadcast combination of Stephen Quadros and Bas Rutten. I didn't care for Damon Perry or whatever his name was who immediately replaced him. Mauro Renallo is decent, nothing special, but not a bad broadcaster. I just think he doesn't gel with Rutten the way that Quadros did. The pre-fight interviews, the pre-show stuff, the post-fight show, and the announcing from start to finish have a big impact on the overall performance of the show, and even though the fights are still top notch, and the commentary isn't exactly horrible by any means, I really miss Bas and Quadros being together. Anyone else finding this to be the case?"

I think they should hire Apple

I thought he was terrible the first time, as though screaming thru a megaphone, talking over the most key moments and not appreciating them. The second time was similar but slightly better, impressing me with his quick acquisition of MMA knowledge and Japanese, but still not a great play-by-play guy. The third time on Sunday, he improved considerably, toning down the yelling and such. Overall, I hated him, then tolerated him, now he's much better. Bas seemed to have the same reaction, this time actually liking Mauro which lead to decent chemistry. Still miss Quatros, but this dud is starting to win me over...

And calling him a "Douchebag" is just Ghost, hundreds of vacuous threads every day with extreme unsupported claims and hollow insults, name calling rather than meaningful analysis. Think about it - Mauro busts his ass to learn MMA (AND Japanese!), finally gets great chemistry with Bas, does everything he can to improve his knowledge rather than fake it. An admirable effort.

To Ghost this defines a "douchebag", basically a female genital sack. Wow, what empathy, what insight, amazing for a double digit IQ. I guess his point is that if you work your butt off AND you're bright, then you get the top job in your field, then if some guy who posts lightweight flippant internet comments trashing everyone on every post every day, you should quit your job and thank Ghost for exposing you.

Ghost should do what the profs made us do in grad school - take a view you oppose and argue for it. Its a good lesson. Any chimp level brain, like Ironlung for example, can post uninformed negative tripe, but saying postitive insightful things isn't so easy. I'd like to see if Ghost can make one post that the people in the know actually respect. Not likely!