PRIDE confirms: Mike Tyson on NYE

Mike Tyson is GREAT for our economy.

"In need of money, the bankrupt Tyson, who squandered an estimated $300 million-plus in ring earnings"

Think of all the money he infused our economy with. Not to mention all the dough from PPV etc.

Mike Tyson for President- He is great for your economy!

My guess is Tyson vs. Tamura.

1998-2005 just called.

Minowa vs. Mike Tyson would be awesome!

WTF fight a soxing match.How bout a MMA fight.

I've been looking for a reason to go to Macau. Been looking for something cool to do on NYE...Hell yeah.

tyj316-- lol

hope you are wearing double lined panties... if Mike was ever going to fight in a mma ring/cage/garage or ??? it was not going to be at ufc event... let me know if you need more attention... or just ask the lady that cares for you.....

"""DSE has revealed that their partnership 40 year old former heavyweight boxing champion will be further materialized on December 31st, as they plan to have Tyson compete against a PRIDE fighter in a boxing match,"""

TARD!!! relax... I dont know if its true or not but this clearly states that he will fight in an MMA EVENT... in the PRIDE organization... not in a UFC, MORON

Your reading comprehension is not my problem? sorry about your 3rd grade education... just keep stocking the racks...

lol @ brianmeyers and the tyson punch out photoshop!

i doubt he'd have to train seriously to beat any MMAer in boxing rules.

"If Tyson trains seriously he should whip any MMA'under boxing rules. Maybe LeBanner would have a chance in the later rounds if he roughed up Tyson due to size differntial. Other than that this seems like a bizarre idea."

all respect to lebanner, and he would probably smoke tyson by K1 rules. but to talk about him beating tyson in a boxing match is just silly. "size differential"? tyson was the HEAVYWEIGHT champ, and has no problem with dealing with big boys. at least ones not as skilled in boxing as Lennonx Lewis. which lebanner is NOT!

Appears that he will be fighting an "exhibition" match.

Exhibition ? So not a real fight or not counting on his boxing record ?

Appears that it will be a boxing exhibiton match , not an MMA match.

Nishijima would be a logical match up if it were a real fight as compared to an exhibition.

Tyson would, imo, knock Nishijima out within 2 rounds.

In an exhibition fight, it could be against anyone.

What would suck, is if Pride matched him against say Yoshida in a boxing match. How stupid that would be.

Yoshida in a Judo Gi with boxing gloves on, pitter patter punching with Tyson. Wait and see. That will probably be the match !

So the news is boxer fights non boxer in boxing match. I'm guessing boxer wins.