PRIDE fighters losing to UFC......

...not a surprise.

I think adjusting from one ruleset to another takes the spring out of your step. You hesitate thinking about what you can do and can't. It takes time.

Let's give the PRIDE fighters time to make the adjustment and see what happens later.

Bet things will be different....

People don't realize how much of a fighters outcome depends on the crowd's energy.

Fighting in a completely different culture can have an immense impact on the way you perform.

no

Uhm, the UFC champs are also getting destroyed. Shit happens...

I think ou are right.

Pride fighter seem to have troubles winning in UFC.

They seem to be having problems winning in Pride under their rules us well.

Knees on the ground and local crowd didn't really help Fujita, and didn't bother ufc fighter Monson all that much.

It looks like battle tested UFC fighters, are just better then, hyped up, and carefully broghup with easy fights, Pride Superstars.

The myth has been shattered.

"People don't realize how much of a fighters outcome depends on the crowd's energy.

Fighting in a completely different culture can have an immense impact on the way you perform. "

True. As nick diaz said fighting in the UFC made him feel like a stripper. Totally new environment for a lot of the Pride fighters.

will the myth be glued back together if chute boxes whipping boy beats ufc greatest champ evah(!) again? just curious.

overall who cares mma is mma... I agree I always hated how much pride fighters were hyped up and this argument of it just being different rules is just silly. Yes it can have a slight effect but not with what has been going on lately. And if so, explain Nick Diaz? I'm a huge Nick Diaz fan and obviously the change of rules didn't hurt him, nor do I think it had much of an effect or change in his fighting. I do admit there is a problem for some fighters transitioning from cage to ring and vise versa. But still I feel it would have a minimal effect. I don't know just my opinions. Thanks

"overall who cares mma is mma... I agree I always hated how much pride fighters were hyped up and this argument of it just being different rules is just silly. Yes it can have a slight effect but not with what has been going on lately. And if so, explain Nick Diaz? I'm a huge Nick Diaz fan and obviously the change of rules didn't hurt him, nor do I think it had much of an effect or change in his fighting. I do admit there is a problem for some fighters transitioning from cage to ring and vise versa. But still I feel it would have a minimal effect. I don't know just my opinions. Thanks"

Umm, Nick Diaz didn't fight with Japanese pride rules. He fought with NSAC sanctioned rules against Gomi.

He still fought inside a ring instead of cage, which is noticeable enough difference. It was still a change for the fighter and apparently didn't have any negative effect.

"great fucken trollin bro"

Abe is hardly a troll, your shit's cute on the OG but on the UG please stick to the thread topic. I agree with Abe's thoughts and would like to hear the discussion.

thank you now STFU

Ghost842 has 'custodianed' the truth ...

Losing hasn't been exclusive to "Pride fighters" in the UFC.

It's an epidemic in MMA overall and speaks to the volatile nature of the sport.

Who hasn't lost recently?

How many top-ranked fighters who have been active, and who have also faced more than one ranked opponent, have NOT suffered a recent defeat?

Off the top of my head - Fedor, Chuck, Anderson, Filho (Shogun and Lindland if you don't want to count losses to higher weight-class opponents)...

Anyone else?

So about 5 guys in the whole sport?

Sounds like losing hasn't been confined to any one org. in particular. It's pandemic in MMA. That's what happens when there are so many unpredictable ways to lose.

Upsets have occurred betw Pride and UFC fighters, within Pride betw Pride fighters, and within the UFC betw UFC fighters. It'll happen again. Has more to do with MMA in general than any org. in particular.

Vasechkin and Ryan G are absolutely correct. And Abe IS trolling (quite effectively, I might add).

Yeah because the US is the only country in the world.

It's not that..
In Japan is different gravity, so only CC can lift his leag for high kick!

I think they don't have a healthy respect for the ufc guys and we are seeing tyson vs douglas syndrome all over again! Cro Cop will be back on a destroy mission(I hope)

"People don't realize how much of a fighters outcome depends on the crowd's energy."

Thats why no one can ever beat Hulk Hogan.