PRIDE fighters losing to UFC......

Well, CC also got KTFO in Pride too, then went back to destroying everyone (cept the cyborg of course). He also destroyed Wandy but wait, their both "Pride" guys.

I hate to mention it like this but since we're just being retards, how did a "Pride reject" like Anderson Silva smash his way to the UFC title in less than 2 rounds over a previously undefeated MW champ?

Diaz was badass vs. Gomi but people overlook the fact that he was coming down in weight so its not as big an upset as people think imo. It could def be considered an upset but its not that huge imo. But wait, Gomi too had been put to sleep a few fights earlier but that was to a "Pride guy" again so.....

It doesn't surprise me considering we had few fights showing us which event DID have the better HW's. Even still, cross-promotional fights were often close ie Ricco v Mino. The thing about that fight remember is that Ricco was also coming off a loss, and Mino was the clear #2 in the world.

Its a shame these fights now are more often between washed out fighters like Assuerio Silva and Pedro Rizzo.

There are many reasons why Pride fighters loose to UFC fighter.

Main reason is that UFC fighters were greatly underrated, and Pride fighters were greatly overrated.

Respect to all fighters. UFC fighters are great, but you can't disrespect Pride guys either. It's a serious mistake to think one is better than the other because of a few match ups. If you do the math, you will see few consistencies that actually mean anything absolute.

"Even still, cross-promotional fights were often close ie Ricco v Mino. The thing about that fight remember is that Ricco was also coming off a loss, and Mino was the clear #2 in the world."

But is that not a case of styles making fights? Like Ricco and Josh (a "Pride guy") are quite similar and then Nog went 1-1 with Josh (no matter what people though of the first fight, it was close, no doubt still).

Every Pride fighter that has lost to a UFC fighter in the UFC has also lost to Pride fighters in Pride.

So they're beatable no matter where they fight. UFC fighters will beat Pride fighters and Pride fighters will beat UFC fighters...And the balance of the MMA universe is maintained.

"But is that not a case of styles making fights?"

There is always that, but we're also talking about 3 of the top HW's ever in Ricco, Nog and Barnett. Josh u could argue is a UFC guy originally. That's where he won first championship.

"The ONLY embarassing loss he had in Pride was against Takase who sucks."

Takase doesn't suck.

"Josh u could argue is a UFC guy originally. That's where he won first championship."

No arguement, he was a "UFC" guy before becoming a "Pride" guy.....

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of CroCop and I was bummed he lost, but what do the rules have to do with getting kicked directly in the head in a standing position? Not a dang thing.

"Yes, Takase does suck.

I don't care about his grappling and his dojo warrior stories.

Takase sucks at mma."

No he doesn't. He shows a lot of skill and technique even in some of the fights he's lost. Plus he's fighting for the most part guys bigger then him.