PRIDE: Going on 10 yrs - Your ONE favorite memory

I can't believe we're going on 10 years since Pride was sold and going on 20 years when it was founded.

If you had to pick one, what is your single favorite Pride memory/moment. Doesn't necessarily have to be a fight, fighter, or event - but it can.

Pride Never Die.

Going to Japan to watch the OWGP Finals, was my first ever event.

EckY - Going to Japan to watch the OWGP Finals, was my first ever event.

Are you kidding me? What a tremendous first event to see.

I never made it to a Pride event. Thought about going when it came to the US a couple times, but didn't.

I've been to a couple of UFC events, a Strikeforce and an IFL. But never a Pride event. As a diehard MMA fan, I should probably be shot for that.

Cro-Cop kicking Wand in the head and knocking him out is one of my favorite Pride moments.

StrikingMMA - Cro-Cop kicking Wand in the head and knocking him out is one of my favorite Pride moments.

Holy crap, Striking! I was honestly thinking that this was probably my favorite Pride moment, too! And it's nothing against Wandy. Also when Hendo Ko'd him to win another Pride belt is probably a close second. Again, nothing against Wandy. It's just those two moments were epic.

1st fight I saw was Cro Cop kicking Igor V's head off

favorite fight was prolly Big Nog/Cro Cop, Cro Cop putting an absolute beating on him, only to come back and sub Cro Cop in the 2nd

TTT for Pride

Fedor and crocop finally meeting.

The years of buildup were worth it.

The first time I saw Takada in his diaper banging the drums.

* swoon *

Rampage ko'ing Liddell while Dana White cried...

First mma fight I ever saw. Gomi vs Ralph Gracie. Will forever be a gomi fan after I watched that flying knee

JCNovak - Rampage ko'ing Liddell while Dana White cried...

Was a great moment, especially w/ Dana right there w/ the commentators the whole fight and so we could hear him in real time as the fight unfolded and ended.

Wand smiling in Rampage's face before kneeing him again.

Thingading - 
StrikingMMA - Cro-Cop kicking Wand in the head and knocking him out is one of my favorite Pride moments.

Holy crap, Striking! I was honestly thinking that this was probably my favorite Pride moment, too! And it's nothing against Wandy. Also when Hendo Ko'd him to win another Pride belt is probably a close second. Again, nothing against Wandy. It's just those two moments were epic.

You guys probably loved it when Hunt cannonballed onto him too.

JCNovak - Rampage ko'ing Liddell while Dana White cried...

i loved that fight at the time. i was a major pride fan. then as time went on and i saw how cool chuck was and more of a glimpse of the real rampage, i now hate that fight. 

best was the nog-sapp fight. pure skill against a beast of a man. epic fight.

hard to believe what a joke sapp became

pharochuck -

best was the nog-sapp fight. pure skill against a beast of a man. epic fight.

hard to believe what a joke sapp became

"No, no.... don't do it Bob"

I was scared for nog when it looked like Sapp was thinking about a jump stomp.

Pride 10. Might be the best night of fights ever.

From a fighting perspective, Sakuraba-Newton was the first time I watched a Pride event and said to myself Holy Shit! That was the first time I ever saw two really good submission grapplers going back-and-forth in an MMA match. Prior to that, it was either expert grappler clowns clueless striker, or expert grappler gets mauled with headbutts by expert wrestler.

It was also the precursor to Sakuraba's run as the Gracie Hunter, so it had that going for it too.

Steve4192 - From a fighting perspective, Sakuraba-Newton was the first time I watched a Pride event and said to myself Holy Shit! That was the first time I ever saw two really good submission grapplers going back-and-forth in an MMA match. Prior to that, it was either expert grappler clowns clueless striker, or expert grappler gets mauled with headbutts by expert wrestler.

It was also the precursor to Sakuraba's run as the Gracie Hunter, so it had that going for it too.
Newton/Renzo was also a good fight.

Newton had a great little move in that fight that I can't remember anyone else pulling. Renzo shot for a takedown, Newton reached over and grabbed his leg and basically just threw him right by. Perfect timing on it.

It's weird, looking back my favourite Japanese fight memories of the time are all K1 Max.

Sudo vs Butterbean probably being number 1.

if I had to pick from Pride I'd say;

Saku vs Royce

Nog vs Sapp