PRIDE: Going on 10 yrs - Your ONE favorite memory

Saku vs Royce 

Fedor vs CroCop

i began lurking this forum leading up to the Fedor /Cro Cop fight. That's how I found this place. Took me years to sign up. 

Big Nog submitting Bob Sapp.  I was freaking out and my gf was bawling at the beating he took.  

Neither guy was the same after that fight.  Bob lost whatever heart he had after that and Big Nog started the slow decline.  

Shogun soccer kicking peoples heads off

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4403464/rampage-slam-o.gif

When the UFC sent Chuck Liddell to fight in the PRIDEGP. Co-Promotion.

pharochuck -

best was the nog-sapp fight. pure skill against a beast of a man. epic fight.

hard to believe what a joke sapp became

I was thinking this too.

So fucking epic

dood skunk -

Shogun soccer kicking peoples heads off

This

There is no way, NO WAY, that Fedor should have been able to survive that suplex from Randleman, but goddammit, he did and caught him with a kimura 30 seconds after it happened.

Sak vs Newton
Sak vs Vernon White
Sak vs Rampage
Sak vs Renzo

And of course, the donnybrook that was Frye vs Takayama.

Pride was awesome!!!

watching royce vs sakaraba #1 in it's entirety live.  I think it was on until 4am EST.  

and most importantly the pride announcer lady.  <3

Liddell vs Metzger
Akira Shoji
Daijiro Matsui
Masaaki Satake

zackthewop -
pharochuck -

I was thinking this too.

So fucking epic
Wasn't that in Inoki Boom Baye? My favorite pride moment was Igor knocking Francisco Bueno. Still one of the scariest, stiffest KO's ever.

I was at Pride 33. So that by a mile........But Fedor Randleman, Sapp Minotauro, Yvel headkick over Goodridge, Wand Hendo 1 also, Anything Mezger did, Frye-Takayama.

I would sit through Severn-Kimo 20 times if they brought it back.

Anything cro cop

him winning the OWGP in the fashion he did

CroCop splitting Wand's head open like a crushed grape.

cawkgobbler - 
zackthewop -
pharochuck -

I was thinking this too.

So fucking epic
Wasn't that in Inoki Boom Baye? My favorite pride moment was Igor knocking Francisco Bueno. Still one of the scariest, stiffest KO's ever.

No, Nog/Sapp was at Shockwave in August 2002.

pharochuck - 

This. It was like the next-level version of Royce-Kimo.

My friends and I had already been into the UFC since 1995. I got into Pride before they did since I frequented the various NHB/MMA forums on the internet and I was basically my social circle's one-stop shop for MMA news. This was the first Pride fight I got my hands on and showed them. We started to order Pride PPV regularly after that!

I also remember all the fan-made highlight vids that were done for the MW GP when it occurred. It was through those videos that I got into the band, Tool.

Nick Diaz beating Gomi - he was supposed to be a lamb to the slaughter.  Pride was calling it UFC vs Pride and it was a massive backfire

Animal Chin - 
Steve4192 - From a fighting perspective, Sakuraba-Newton was the first time I watched a Pride event and said to myself Holy Shit! That was the first time I ever saw two really good submission grapplers going back-and-forth in an MMA match. Prior to that, it was either expert grappler clowns clueless striker, or expert grappler gets mauled with headbutts by expert wrestler.

It was also the precursor to Sakuraba's run as the Gracie Hunter, so it had that going for it too.
Newton/Renzo was also a good fight.

Newton had a great little move in that fight that I can't remember anyone else pulling. Renzo shot for a takedown, Newton reached over and grabbed his leg and basically just threw him right by. Perfect timing on it.

Sounds like some kind of Sumi-gaeshi variation.

tj tapper -

Big Nog submitting Bob Sapp.  I was freaking out and my gf was bawling at the beating he took.  

Neither guy was the same after that fight.  Bob lost whatever heart he had after that and Big Nog started the slow decline.  

This.

Fedor surviving Randleman's massive suplex was insane as well.

I had read briefly about Pride, but never saw it. I finally got to see the 2nd round of the first GP at my buddy's house who had DirecTV. I was instantly enamored with Sakuraba and it was fun to see Shamrock back in MMA after his WWE stint. After that show, I immediately got on the ball with tape trading to see all the Pride (and other) events I missed.

One of my biggest regrets is never going to a Pride show. Almost went to those in Vegas, but my friends flaked. Should've just went solo.