PRIDE GP Final Card

Great, then the Russians can (and I hope will) meet in the final.

you Guys are Killing me you Really dont think Mino has a chance do ya?

Sergei has only been impressive so far. I think he can take out Nog. Might even be a standup war with Nog's recent stand up training.

I like these match-ups better.

I hope Fedor does to Ogawa the same thing he did to Big Daddy.

Nog vs Karitonov is a very interesting match-up. I think it will be an exciting fight.

I will be cheering for Sergi.

Fedor will take the GP.

"you Guys are Killing me you Really dont think Mino has a chance do ya?"

Does hope have anything to do with chance?

I don't get this. Sakaibara said he doesn't want 2 Russians in the finals and he also said that the Japanese fans wanted to see Ogawa and Mino square off more than any other fight. So why the change?

Did Randleman have any chance against godlike Cro Cop?

The whining about this card is unbelievable. It'll be a great show. Kondo/Silva alone will be great. I will pick Waterman by arm sub.

MMAWeekly says Fedor/Kharitinov and Nogueira/Ogawa, so unless they have it backwards this thread = poop. I don't know for sure, but hopefully they are right.

I can't believe people still underestimate Minotauro.

He'll prove you wrong.

it is a great card but randleman vs waterman does suck

throw in busta/hendo, and it's almost perfect

two more kick ass fights and it's on!

"MMAWeekly says Fedor/Kharitinov and Nogueira/Ogawa, so unless they have it backwards this thread = poop. I don't know for sure, but hopefully they are right."

Yes they did get it backwards. DSE on the Pride site is reporting Fedor/Ogway and Nogueira/Kharitinov.

Pretty funny, I remember a couple of weeks ago when a bunch of people were reporting it the other way around. I said I wouldn't believe it until DSE announced the fights. Well, I of course was ridiculed as being an "MMA newbie" because apparently I didn't have an MMA crystal ball too. Yeah idiots, guess you're not so bright after all.

"The rumor mill on the internet is strong at all times grasshopper."

More quality reporting from mmaweekly.

Is there another Pride website? Specific address please, the one I went to had no such news of the matchups.

I could not care less about the H2oman/Randleman fight.

Its on the japanese website.

This thread is also incorrect.

The card is

Ogawa vs Fedor

Kharitonov vs Minotauro

Winner A vs Winner B

Randleman vs Waterman

Alexsander Emelinanko vs Crocop

Kondo vs Silva

Someone also said there will be one more fight.

I don't read Japanese. MMA weekly got it wrong?

If Nog has to fight Sergei there is no way he will be able to defeat Fyodor. I have said it all along, whoever gets Ogawa wins the tourney.

These semifinal matchups make no sense.

Mino/Ogawa has a great angle to it. BJJ vs. Judo. Two extremely popular fighters in Japan.

Fedor/Kharitonov also has a great angle to it. Former training partners.

Fedor/Ogawa and Minotauro/Kharitonov makes me scratch my head. Not that they're bad matchups, just wondering why DSE did that.

"These semifinal matchups make no sense.
Mino/Ogawa has a great angle to it. BJJ vs. Judo. Two extremely popular fighters in Japan.

Fedor/Kharitonov also has a great angle to it. Former training partners.

Fedor/Ogawa and Minotauro/Kharitonov makes me scratch my head. Not that they're bad matchups, just wondering why DSE did that."

I agree. Even though the rumor mill around here a few weeks ago was saying Mino/Ogawa and Fedor/Kharitonov I was really hoping the rumors would prove true. That would have been a better first round lineup. I haven't really seen enough of Ogawa in the first two rounds of the Grand Prix to get a feel for what he can do. Beating a green Stefan Leko and Giant Silva answer zero questions as to his skill. Plus his previous fights in MMA weren't against quality opponents, certainly no one near the level of Fedor.

I would have much rather seen him against Mino, but these matchups are interesting nonetheless.

"These semifinal matchups make no sense."

I think those are the ones that make sence, the only matchup that makes any sence to me. Fedor vs Sergei is bad since they have trained together and Fedor vs Nog has already happened. So I think the way they have it is the best way.

And all the people who claim that we (the ones that wants the Russians in the final) are underestimating Nog are wrong. We are not saying Nog can not win or will not win, we just want Sergei to win, it is like any other sport, maybe the team you want to win do not have the best chances of winning.

I wish Ogawa wasn't in this tournament. Pride has basically handed the GP to Fedor

But there are still plenty of great fights on the card.

ZenMaster has fallen off the INCORRECT tree and hit every branch on the way down :(