Pride Has Judging Problems..

It seems to me like all of the unbias non silva nutthuggers agree that both arona and murilo won.

including mma weekly(see article yellow card contraversy) and inside fighting.

It is pretty clear that pride has some judging problems.There have been many in the past. IF your a real mma fan u will know what fights these are.

I think crocop won his fight aswell.

http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=2611

That's interesting. Why do you feel Cro-Crop won his fight? Not bashing, honestly wondering.

lol @ you

It seems like Pride's system is setup to give the win to the lesser effective but more aggressive/active fighter of the two.

Im not sure what the best way to judge a fight is, but I dont think a guy deserves the win for dominating position and losing virtually every other aspect of the fight by not attacking.

"Their judging criteria is so vague that they can basically choose whoever they want as the winner."

Kind of like Tito/Vitor, Horn/Prangley, etc. It's pretty much inevitable that in close fights, or largely uneventful/indecisive fights, you are always going to have decisions that split the vote (either the judges' or the viewers') no matter what criteria you use.

There is one simple way to not have to worry about judges finish your opponent and you don't have to worry about it. Any time it goes into the hands of the judges you take it for what it is. It seems bjj guys are the biggest whiners in the world.

"Kind of like Tito/Vitor, Horn/Prangley, etc. It's pretty much inevitable that in close fights, or largely uneventful/indecisive fights, you are always going to have decisions that split the vote (either the judges' or the viewers') no matter what criteria you use."

Thank you, Orcus.

The only problems with close fights is the maturity level of those who cry robbery on the decisions that follow or come up with some wanna be teeny bopper conspiracy theory on why their fav fighter lost.

Close fights are just that.

Wasa-B is correct.

Mirko-lovers think some flashy kicks that looked cool but did squat won him the fight, as if Hunt was doing nothing? More like pushing the pace of the fight and tagging Mirko every round.

Pride's always had weird judging. Go back and look at some of the older Prides where they get Matt Hume to go over his scorecard round by round and you see how much they favor certain aspects. Again, if you look at Busta-Hendo under UFC's Boxing like judging, Busta wins by controlling the fight, however, Hendo was closest to finishing his opponent in the thrid round, and Pride favors that sort of thing.

Every bloody time....

We need a sticky with Pride judging criteria and UFC judging criteria. Then again posters like these would post before thinking or reading those rules....

Fuck "criteria."

Close fights are close fucking fights.

YAWN

well, as a fighter, i feel that if you dont finish the fight in the alotted time, then you leave it to the judges. And you never know what fight they're watching. But if they dont choose you, you only have one person to blame. And i feel that any fighter who feels differently isnt taking personal responsibility...

controversy is good...I like that in a drama

lol @ Cro-Cop winning.

If you studied the Silva vs Arona match, you can see that clearly Silva won. Even in an informal survey here, it was like 60/40 who thought Silva won.

Get over it!

It was a close fight, Cro-cop versus Hunt was a close fight. That is why it went to decision, both fights 2-1 decision.

I can't comment on the Dan fight yet, I have not studied it.

ya but so doss every one else weather its mma boxing whatever theres always bad judging