Pride HW Grand Prix is a JOKE!

JuJuBre is correct. But maybe people want more UFC "superstars" like Simms, Tank, Cabbage, Kyle, Wiezorek, Shipp etc???

I'm usually respectful, but calling this a joke is downright ludicrous. McGimmick's first post summarizes the situation quite nicely. Me and all the other fans I know personally can hardly wait for this, its going to be fabulous.

I'm saving my money for the Final Conflict 2004.

If the Critical countdown (2nd round) has the fights that I want to see, I will will order it.

I will only order Total Elimination 2004, if the fights that I want see is on there.

Fighters I would DEFINETLY pay to watch:

1)Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic

2) Kevin Randleman

3)Fedor Emelianenko

4) Mark Coleman

5)Murilo 'Ninja' Rua

6)Heath Herring

7)Ricardo Arona

8)Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira

Fighters that could make for interesting match ups:

1)Ron Waterman

2)Don Frye

3)Gan McGee

4)Sergei Kharitonov

& Hirotaka Yokoi has potential.

I have just named most of the fighters in the GP.

It actually is one of the most amaizing collection of names I have ever seen on one card.

lol if Randleman beats cro cop, it's really more of a possibility than ppl generally think IMO

Will Cr0 C0p be able to neutralize da wrestlin'?!? :D

if Kevin Randleman wins, it's a WORK.

I can't see CC doing a work for Pride when he is this close to the title.

If Randleman wins, it would be legit.

isnt the predator in also?

Funkywb - you're right, an amazing list of names. One point, have you seen Sergei Kharitonov fight? He's great and his matchup with Ninja, if true, could be the fight of the night.

The problem with Pride is not the fighters but the way they macth them up. After the first round, they will SELECT who faces who faces who in the next round. This decision is based on who they want to win the tournament. They want Mirko to win it all. They are currently pissed at Fedor and that is why they gave him Coleman in first round. They figure Coleman has the best chance to defeat Fedor out of the group of fighters aside from the stars which they want to advance to the finals for drawing reasons.

The 16 fighters they have in tournament are okay. they are not the best 16 fighters by no means but as Ninja pointed out, there is a lot that goes into this. Some of the 16 fighters absolutely have no legitimate reason to be in there but are there because they are viewed as a draw in Japan. I can't blame Pride for this.

I am excited about this tournament and can accept everything mentioned, except the way they match up the fighters. This is completely unacceptable for legitimate sport. Can you imagine NCAA Hoops tournament matchups being setup after each round to try to give certain teams an advantage at getting to finals?

Crazy shit.

predator (sylvester terkay is out)

I agree with Jimmy....

But the Akira Shoji-"Useless Jap" comment was tasteless. C'mon
dude, we're not at war with them anymore.

SW.

The first HW GP was won by an underdog with 4 losses in a row. Coleman was never expected to win.

This Pride GP will have shocks, surprises, and will be good. Coleman vs Fedor alone is awesome.

coleman won because he faced shit for competition

he beat a battered Vov, big deal

Where does everybody come off thinking Coleman/Fedor will be a barnburner?

Lay n Pray, I envision for this fight.

"Akira Shoji-"Useless Jap"

No one who graduated college would say something like this - education destroys racism. If someone with a heart like Shoji is a useless Jap, I'd hate to see how tough a useful one was :-) Shoji is great.

I can't wait for the GP. I don't get some of you so called MMA fans. No wonder are sport is still having problems. I think there will be a few sleeper fights in there and an upset or two. Can't wait!!!!!!

PS, I also can't wait to see the next UFC. I am pumped for even the Ken and Kimo fight (which is also criticized by most of you). I just love the fight game!!!!!!

" coleman won because he faced shit for competition
he beat a battered Vov, big deal "

Fool! He defeated Fujita just by looking at him!

What an ass

LOL. I WAS IMITATING ALL THE DOUCHES THAT ARE WHINING ABOUT THE 2004 LINEUP. I DON'T ACTUALLY THINK SHOJI IS A 'USELESS JAP'.... MAYBE TRY READING THE CONTEXT OF THE POST.