PRIDE LWGP Solution = 155 + 170 GP

With the recent news that the LWGP is now up in the air I feel that Zuffa/Fertittas should definately now take this path. It allows for a GP format to take place whilst crowning new champs at the new weights and if over three events fighters would only fight once per night, with 2 separate 8 man GPs. Even without the option of a UFC rep in each GP they should still use the same format.

PRIDE should change the former 16 man 161 pound LWGP into two 8 man GPs to crown new champions at both the new weights. The other weight classes are close enough to their NSAC counterparts to warrant keeping the champions and title picture the same.

However 155 and 170 will need champions and the best way to do it is to hold GPs for each. This would somewhat go along with the original plans and allow for them to hold the standard Total Elimination, Critical Countdown, Final Conflict setup whilst giving everyone a chance to get to terms with the new weight classes and the fighters in each.

UFC could send a representative for each GP or not it does not really matter the format would work either way, although it would definately be more interesting to have one rep per GP.

IMO this would be by far the best idea right now:

8 man 155 LWGP for the smaller PRIDE LWs with possibly a UFC rep.

8 man 170 WWGP for the bigger PRIDE LWs and possibly smaller PRIDE WWs with possibly a UFC rep.

Everyone E-mail Zuffa this idea if you like it.

agreed....excellent idea!

This is the best way to bring in the two new weight classes, crown champs and form a title picture at each.

I e-mailed it to Zuffa but I don't know if that will get through. If anyone has any connections with anyone there or anything send this on.

I agree
Date: 04/10/07 09:16 PM
155 Total Posts Ignore User
Edit

What makes sense to me from seeing the flyer is that it's gonna be 2, 8(orless) man tournaments..pride used to combine the 2 weight classes in bushido shows.. Or the flyer is just pictures of guys near that weight thrown together by someone..

"i dont know why ufc wont do this-- especially if there are not going to be any US fighters in this GP as danna said. could you imagine a gomi or an ishida fighting at 170? "

he said no UFC fighters, not no US fighters.

ttt

Flood Zuffa with e-mails if you like this idea. It is the best idea and works on so many angles.

ttt

ttt

155 + 170? That's, like, 325 pounds.

Them some big ass lightweights.

ttt