Pride production question

I'm watching through some pride events on the fight pass (Lorenzo paid me $0.38 to say that) and I noticed sometimes they'd project images out over the crowd that seem to just be hanging in the air. For example, pictures of the fighters would be circling around the ring before and after the fight.

As far as I can tell, these images weren't being projected onto anything, they seem to be floating in the air like holograms. Does anyone know how they did this? Phone Post 3.0

Magic

It was all post-production. The crowd didn't see anything like that, only the audience at home. WWE would do this when the Undertaker would shoot lighting bolts. In person all we saw were some fireworks go off, but on TV it looked like Thor's powers!

QTyp - It was all post-production. The crowd didn't see anything like that, only the audience at home. WWE would do this when the Undertaker would shoot lighting bolts. In person all we saw were some fireworks go off, but on TV it looked like Thor's powers!

Sounds like the ads I see sometimes in hockey games. They have ads on the glass behind the goalies that you can only see on tv.

UGCTT_Messiah - I'm watching through some pride events on the fight pass (Lorenzo paid me $0.38 to say that) and I noticed sometimes they'd project images out over the crowd that seem to just be hanging in the air. For example, pictures of the fighters would be circling around the ring before and after the fight.

As far as I can tell, these images weren't being projected onto anything, they seem to be floating in the air like holograms. Does anyone know how they did this? Phone Post 3.0

Just like when Saku was entering to fight Schembri for the second time and the roof turned  into clouds, that looked really cool.

However, Bas says that the purpose of that was because the loss was a bad dream that he's waking up from or something like that. Would they do it on the spot?

cgi

Kings21 -

Magic

Shinto spirits Phone Post 3.0

ChaoticTorres -
UGCTT_Messiah - I'm watching through some pride events on the fight pass (Lorenzo paid me $0.38 to say that) and I noticed sometimes they'd project images out over the crowd that seem to just be hanging in the air. For example, pictures of the fighters would be circling around the ring before and after the fight.

Just like when Saku was entering to fight Schembri for the second time and the roof turned  into clouds, that looked really cool.

However, Bas says that the purpose of that was because the loss was a bad dream that he's waking up from or something like that. Would they do it on the spot?

That was actually one of the ones I was watching. The sky seemed to be projected onto the roof of Saitama, but I noticed there was also some 3D character looking thing floating over he crowd, which must have been added in post-production.

And here I was hoping for some secret Japanese projection wizardry :/ Phone Post 3.0

Carogan -

Most everything you saw was probably post production cgi.  Its good shit.  Pride also used to hang alot of banners and drapes from the ceiling rafters thoughout the stadium that they would project numerous images for effect onto as well which I thought was pretty cool.

That's what I was thinking, some of them looked like they were projected onto a hanging net or something suspended from the ceiling. Bas would even mention them at points during walkouts. Phone Post 3.0