Pride Report: Rampage vs. Arona

absolutely teflonbilly.

Paper champion? You mean Silva?
Outside of Arona...who are they protecting him from?
He beat Quinton fair and square, as well as 15-16 other guys! I'd like to see him fight Chuck, Randy, or get rematches with Belfort and Tito, but in terms of Pride's line-up, if Silva beats Kondo, he's more or less run the gambit of people.
Who do you want him to fight?

Arona needs to sub Quinton to win. Based on the last several events, his typical lay and pray will get him stood up and yellow-carded these days.

He's going to be the strongest, best conditioned sub guy Rampage has fought -- it could be a bad night for Jackson, if he hasn't fixed the holes in his sub defense.

Calling Arona a sub guy is like calling Coleman a boxer.

I'll go ahead and take Arona by sub.

"Based on the last several events, his typical lay and pray will get him stood up and yellow-carded these days."

You mean the fights where the judging criteria was enforced or the fights that were important to pride where the rules were slightly more lax..?

Much laughter, at the idiots saying that Rampage will beat Arona.............

lol @ Smokin'Guns idiocy!!! :)

Hey Floppy,

Want to bet?

rampage should kill this lay and pray bb disgrace

I will bet. I'll take Rampage by brutalization.

I hope Rampage destroys Arona. Given how good his takedown defence was against Randleman, I have that as a distinct possibility.

I hate to say this but: Arona by sport grappling/bjj guard pass and hold down.

What kind of bet??

I have Rampage in this one

Name the stakes. Money will do.

I think it's funny that people are talking about Rampage's guard. In all his fights combined, how much time has he spent on his back? Arona couldn't do anything with Mezger, but he's going to take down Rampage and keep him there?

I think Arona in this one.

I've been waiting a long time for this one! Great match up, awesome fight! Only in Pride!!

The way I see it this fight could go either way, but I will go with Arona by Guiloutine choke.

Rampage will have to be careful if he wants to win. He must keep the fight on his feet, avoid the take-down, be patient and box. If Quinton fights his usual way, he will walk right into Arona's hands. He must fight the way he fought Busta in the second round.

Arona will press the action, looking for the take-down, which he will get, and will put Rampage on his back, tire him out. Eventually, a frustrated Rampage will expose his neck for a guiloutine choke from a stand-up situation.

That's my call, you can put money on it.

Whoever wins this fight, will go on to fight Silva. It will be a great fight and will give Silva tough competition, but neither one has what it takes to beat him.

Rampage by KO in the 2nd.