Pride Says Liddell Silva Is On

What's funny is that people are comparing Chuck to Crocop, performance-wise.

Very true...... I don't even understand why Chuck vs Cro Cop is even being brought up.

Silva vs Cro Cop was to advance to the finals of the tournament...... not to see who may fight Chuck.

"I don't even understand why Chuck vs Cro Cop is even being brought up."

Yeah you do. It's because the guys who insist Pride is better than the UFC have lost faith in Wand.

Pride definitly loses a little bargaining power, but don't underestimate Dana and his ability to market that fight. Just because he lost against a heavy weight doesn't mean he's any less of a fighter. Plus he is still Pride's Middleweight Champion. The UFC will just fail to mention that Silva lost the OWGP before the fight with Chuck.

Silva's a freakin can! A stinkin bum. Hell he's not even a top 10 LHW...

"Even if Liddell beats him now--which I doubt still--, it wouldn't be worth much."

Why do people doubt this?  Liddell is bigger than Crocop.  Why would the result be any different?  Wand would rush in throwing looping punches, and Liddell would hurt him with straight punches with power. 

Crocop hurt Wand with straight punches, reach and power.  Exactly what Chuck would do. 

This is a bad matchup now for the UFC. Their Champ being beaten by a losing GP fighter would probably lose them some stock.

Liddell/Silva would be similar to CroCop/Silva if Silva is aggressive.

But if Lidell fought Cro Cop he would lose most likely.. Cro Cop is basically the same figher Chuck is stylewise but add better kicks and cleaner pure kickboxing. Chuck is probably better on the ground but CC is as good as Chuck at takedown defense.. actually I think CC is better but Chuck is better and getting back up if he gets down. The fight would likely be either standing with CC picking Chuck apart from a distance, or Chuck needing to rush in to get a takedown and getting KO'd.

Vanderlei should take a bit longer break before fighting again. Maybe next year.

LOL @ Entereri stating that Silva is "DA MAN" for stepping up and not being afraid to fight anyone at ANY WEIGHT!

You do realize that Silva was the heavier fighter in this bout by four pounds don't you? Yeah, way to step up and not be afraid to fight someone that weighs less than him.

sarcasm off

Misleading thread title. Pride never said "Lidell VS. Silva is on". They mentioned it as did Joe Rogan in UFC 62. How does that mean that it's on? It's not.

LOL at BigJohnson for using three wins with two of the most brutal knockouts in mma history as evidence of Chuck being exposed. C'mon.

Overeem fight was competitive but Chuck knocked his fucking head off.

Mezger, another competitive fight but people thought Chuck fucking killed when he knocked him out.

And these fights were years ago, the Pele fight was like 8 years ago.

Chuck is much improved in recent years. Its like night and day from when he started. I used to hate him because he was so boring. In the last 2-3 years though he has really developed an exciting and effective style, especially since he's abandoned the looping punches.

A fight with Shogun or Wanderlai would be awesome and I think he would win. Arona is a different matter.