Priest Help- WOW

In BG's I cant beat shit. I mean im only a lvl 32 playing against 39's but still.

Rogues stun me and kill me.

Mages chain polymorph me.

And the worst Warlocks chain Fear me.

And everything has a damn pet or minion so how they hell can you even go after them when your dealing with a pet or minion your level or higher. Youre alway fighting two opponents.

So are priest just late bloomers? Do they only get good at like lvl 60? Maybe once Im lvl 40 and can shadowform they improve?

please help lol.

Well fighting as a 32 priest against a 39 rogue is suicide, but once you get to the top of that bracket you should be ok. I would just try to stock up on INT+STAM greens or Spirit + stam greens and try to enchant some stam.  I haven't played a priest in 2 years but here's what I remember.  If you can afford it I would recommend buying dual spec from your trainer immediately and glyph and and spec to a pvp spec when you do it.  The difference is night and day as far as survivability goes.Always keep a PW:S, and a renew on yourself when you are fighting someone. Keep Inner Fire up.  In PvP Flash heals are your best bet if you need to stop and cast.   Get a PVP trinket as soon as you can to avoid being stun locked forever, you'll need to get a mod to monitor your debuffs so you know when you want to use your trinket.  On Rogues it's kidney shot, on pallys it's hammer, locks/warriors/priests fear, mages on first sheep, etc etc etc.  If you trinket a rogues stun, you will most likely get blinded immediately after and stealth and reset his cds and then kill you.  So if you can trinket it and then fear or dot him immediately and keep debuffs on him.

Once you get used to surviving the priest is a pretty fun class to pvp with, just need decent people to play with that understand how  they work.

dual spec is at 40

Don't fight alone, find the most competant person on your side and follow them around healing. This will do more for your side than anything you could do on your own.

Thank you guys, great info so far.

"Don't fight alone, find the most competant person on your side and follow them around healing. This will do more for your side than anything you could do on your own."

I do try to do this, its the 1 on 1's that I need help with. When they come after me in BG's not like instances no one helps the priest lol. So I need better 1v1 skills.

- Yeah Jockey you do gain xp in BG but now they have whats called heirloom armor. So youll see guys my level with the most unbelievable gear.

I thought your priest was undead?  Shouldn't "Will of the Forsaken" negate the chain fearing and polymorphing?

priests are very squishy in PvP unless you are a disc priest. but you cant get very far in the disc tree to do much good until your well into your 60's. and of course right now you are at the bottom of your bracket. you will enjoy the late 40's when u get shadowform and some more shadow talents. I myself hated shadow and leveled up holy so I could heal the crap out of every instance i could :)

you probably picked one of the most challenging classes to level. compared to a hunter or lock or even a rogue a priest can be downright painful. and 1 on 1 at your level just isnt a good idea. if you like 1 on 1 discipline is an amazing tree to get into later on.

but its all good in the end. my main is a 80 disc priest and I love it.

re-roll

bah. dont let billy get ya down!

priest is quite a rewarding class at 80. you are a great healer in PvE (holy) and PvP (disc). I am afraid shadow priest arent known for their crazy killing ability in PvP at 80. They kinda got the nerf bat. If you want a crazy undead sorcerer who deals huge amounts of shadow damage a warlock is a better choice. I took a conflagrate from an 80 lock yesterday and it hit me for 12k. it hurt.

I remember when level 60 was the cap and shadow priests were feared.

7 levels difference one-on-one with any competent PvPer is alot to overcome. Add the rogue stunlock/burst damage and any clothies 7 levels under a rogue are toast.

For PvP, focus on speccing specifically for PvP. Some talents for PvE work like crap in PvP and some talents are only useful for PvP. Spec accordingly.

Don't try to fill two roles. Either commit to DPS or commit to heals. If you split your focus then you split your strength and broaden your weaknesses.

Gear according to your spec. For DPS spec for max damage, mana pool, max life and defense. For heals spec for mana pool, life/defense, and mana regen. Learn how to conserve mana and how to recover mana when tapped out.

Learn the best order for your attacks according to your playstyle. Cycle the order accordingly, but keep emergency powers that can get you out of a jam in mind. Don't get stuck trying to cycle a range attack cycle when a Rogue is in your grill stabbing you. Get out and reset your attack.

The most obvious yet most under used tactic I see in BGs is to MOVE! Just standing there casting while a rogue is running behind you is not a good idea. Learn to kite if you're a range fighter, learn to strafe and circle if you're a melee fighter.

Use buffs and potions if you're really in need of marks or wins. They may cost, but they help when you're the top PvPer for your team. You could be the difference between a win and a loss. Don't let one healing potion put you in the L column.

Adjust your interface options so they work with you instead of against you. If you're a clicker, group your chain cycles together on the GUI. If you're a button pusher keybind so your cycle flows on the keyboard.

That's my advice for now. -ken

Jockey - oh wait did they already institute that gaining xp in bgs thing?

While I don't play anymore I do think they institued the gaining in XP in BG's; however this can also be turned off so that you can still have a twink and not have to worry about leveling up

Lots of great advice. i really wanted a shadow priest but it does seem the got nerfed and arent viable anymore. Is it possible though since every char gets nerfed that by the time im an 80 the shadow preist could be bad ass again.

About Will of the Forsaken, I do use it as soon as I get fear but it takes two min to recast and they somehow can instantly fear me again. So im shit out of luck

RyPuhnie - Lots of great advice. i really wanted a shadow priest but it does seem the got nerfed and arent viable anymore. Is it possible though since every char gets nerfed that by the time im an 80 the shadow preist could be bad ass again.

About Will of the Forsaken, I do use it as soon as I get fear but it takes two min to recast and they somehow can instantly fear me again. So im shit out of luck

shadow priest was awesome at 60 for PvP but they sucked at 70. I think they were ok for a bit at 80 but now they are not so hot again. The truth is if you enjoy playing it then that's all that matters.

You need to use your honor to buy a PvP trinket. It will give you a second way of getting out of being feared or stunned. Not sure what level you can get one at. I think there is a crappy 5 minute cooldown one you can get. :)

Yeah, a lot of the points people brought here are right. Priests while leveling can be a pain, but usually leveling as shadow is the most efficient way. For PVP pre-level 60ish it can be a bit hard. Also, like you said things will get way easier once you hit 40, and grab shadow form. Just don't give up, I love my priest and am glad I leveled one up.

RyPuhnie - In BG's I cant beat shit. I mean im only a lvl 32 playing against 39's but still.

Rogues stun me and kill me.

Mages chain polymorph me.

And the worst Warlocks chain Fear me.

And everything has a damn pet or minion so how they hell can you even go after them when your dealing with a pet or minion your level or higher. Youre alway fighting two opponents.

So are priest just late bloomers? Do they only get good at like lvl 60? Maybe once Im lvl 40 and can shadowform they improve?

please help lol.
Rogues will always fuck you up. Disc priests have good survivability and even mine with 975 resil can last a very long time, but...if you don't have someone to CC/peel rogues (and feral druids for that matter) will just sit on you.

For mage poly, watch the cast bar and hit them with shadow word death.

Warlocks fear everyone but as undead you have 3 escapes:  will of the forsaken, fear ward, and trinket. Plus you have that shadow resist buff eventually.

Yes, priests are late bloomers. I had no problem in PvP once I got high enough for penance, you'll just live forever with pain supression in a BG like AV while you level.  Shadow is pure shit unless you are questing.

Don't even bother trying to PVP in the 39 bracket as a lvl32.

What are you doing trying to kill stuff anyway.  Find a dps class with decent gear and follow him around healbotting

My level 52 hunter, with my wicked gun and my loyal cat, would kick your priest face in.

God bless

Can priests heal pets? 

I seriously never take any damage because my pet's my tank, sometimes I don't have enough manna to mend pet though.

Winnson - Can priests heal pets? 

I seriously never take any damage because my pet's my tank, sometimes I don't have enough manna to mend pet though.

They can heal everything except non-combat pets