Priest Help- WOW

Then follow me around and heal my pet and we'll take care of the killing.  Alliance Saurfang and on the fast track to 80.

Speaking of pets and minions how should a priest deal with them?

pop shield and run away

RyPuhnie - Speaking of pets and minions how should a priest deal with them?

In general for PvP, use crowd control on minions/pets and focus dps on the master. Reduce the team of two to one by using crowd control, stun/paralyze, or possession abilities.

For healers, if you're healing a runner or someone else of importance then keep healing yourself to keep them from killing you because they will be focusing on a now healerless toon of importance once you're dead. If you're worried about your healing target, drop HoTs on them and focus the rest on yourself to tie up the master and pet.

If you want more PvP power with both healing and dps, reroll a druid. Any druid build can kill and heal pretty efficiently in PvP. -ken

KenTheWalrus - 
RyPuhnie - Speaking of pets and minions how should a priest deal with them?

If you want more PvP power with both healing and dps, reroll a druid. Any druid build can kill and heal pretty efficiently in PvP. -ken

or try out disc spec when you get in your 60's. you truly are a cloth tank. you cant kill worth a dang, but that isnt a disc priests job anyway. and be sure to have a /lol and /bored macro ready to unleash on rogues when they cant kill you :)

puddlesmith - Don't fight alone, find the most competant person on your side and follow them around healing. This will do more for your side than anything you could do on your own.

i agree with this, since you're at the lower end of the bracket just run around healing. once everyone see's that you're healing they'll be keeping an eye on you and come help you if you're in trouble. also since not many people heal in bg's, warrior's, rogue's and other class's that can't heal themself will most likely stop what thier doing to come to you're aide.
if you ever seen a warrior or rogue getting a heal you'll what i mean, they can be almost impossible to stop, taking on 3-4 players at once and still come out on top.

Don't expect to be killing anything. Your pretty much a running healer with a dot. You stand still long enough you will get stun locked and kick fucked by any near by rogues and their mum.

I can take bad rogues down on my priest with reflective shield and dots/smite, but when you run into a good rogue (and you'll know right away) it's only a matter of time until they beat you down. With wound poison up and no dispel for it they will eventually beat you down.

Remember a rogue has an unlimited supply of energy and many interrupt/reset abilities.

-Once your blue bar is drained it's game over.
-If you trinket a kidney shot you will get blinded and the rogue will re-open on you.
-Once you blow Pain Suppression the next time you get low you will be kicked, gouged, cc'd so you can't get a cast off. Your instant heals like renew and PoM/Shield will not be enough to keep you up against a rogue that knows how to pool energy for a burst.

Basically, like someone said above, find an arms warr and make him your buddy. With a pocket healer a good warr will cut through crowds and rogues will run like a motherfucker.

i also reccomend getting the addon called Healbot. It puts a little UI on your screen with everyone in your group or battleground. it shows their damage and to heal them you click on their bar in this little UI. What spell u cast depends on your click. So Right Click could be Renew and Left Click Greater Heal. You can use shift and ctrl to add more spells. So Shift+Right Click could be your Shield, etc. Its the greatest addon ever for a healer.

I seriously hate rogues and think they are a pussy character. No offense to anyone but any moron should be able to win with a rogue. I mean today im riding along on my horse to finish up a quest, all of a sudden im down, half my life gone and by the time I get up and shield and try to heal im dead.

Was the person a better player? No. Did they sucker punch me while im not even thinking about fighing. Yes. I mean if Im standingin the middle of a grocery store and fedor is in line and i walk up behind him and hit him with a bat and kill him, so what. If you want to fight me step up, square off. Pussy ass rogues.

Sorry for the rant. (btw if you use a rogue I dont mean to insult you, just pissed right now lol)

PvE server that way -------------> :)

in truth thats how a rogue works. they are a stealth character. they are meant to strike you when you are not ready. its the whole mechanic of the class. if a rogue "squared off" before a fight he would be putting himself at a huge disadvantage. its no different the you being able to heal yourself.

and clothies are rogue food. no two way about it until you get some resilience gear at 80.

Yeah agreed, I know its what they do, just doesnt seem like a very skilled class. Im thinking about going disc priest after your advice gord. Any tips on that?

welcome to the life of a priest my fren haha

gotta be quick with the tricket/Scream run

There is some skill involved...not everyone can stun lock you down then get off a blind right as you try to cast your scream, vanish and rinse and repeat till your lying in a rolled up ball on the ground.

You will know a good rogue when you see it trust me, you wont have a shot in hell as a clothie.

At your lvl rogues will eat you alive though that's just something you have to come to terms with, every class has there strong and weak points. At 80 like Gord said it will get better but a good rogue should always be able to take down a clothie.

RyPuhnie - Yeah agreed, I know its what they do, just doesnt seem like a very skilled class. Im thinking about going disc priest after your advice gord. Any tips on that?

disc priest is kinda like a monk. they are very hard to kill. you are basically a combat healer. some people call disc priests "cloth tanks". its not overly great until you get in your 60's-70's though and it's amazing at 80. disc priests have very strong shields and quick heals that are perfect for PvP. for now it may be best to stick with shadow while you level cause its easier to kill stuff. talk to me or seanster if u have any questions.

if you stick with it there will be a day when you laugh at rogues as they blow every cooldown they have and you still have more then half your health. disc priests own rogues. well not really own. but rogues look pretty pathetic sometimes when they attack a good disc priest.

Yea Gord, what I have now is a half disc/shadow and its not doing me so well. im going full shadow points as I level then re-spec once I cap like you said.

I still love my priest and now I have levitate with the glyph Its fun as hell jumping off cliffs lol. When the new wow comes out im making a Worgen and he shall be so bad ass.

"Just curious, I don't play WoW any more, but what exactly can a disc priest do to survive a stunlock that other priests can't do?"

With Pain suppression glyphed, you can use it while "incapacitated". So if you get opened on or kidney shotted while low on health you can pop PS during the stun. Also if you go into a stunlock with PoM, shield, renew up you can usually pull through it. At least this is how I survive a stun without trinketing it, but I have nearly 1100 resil and 2300spell power.

Ive been reading up a but in PVP. A lot has said as a priest use Fear. When do I get that spell, I can t find it anywhere and whats it do?

Psychic Scream=fear