Prime Carwin in Pride 2004-2005

I think Shane would be an absolute top guy in the most talent rich HW division ever. 

Pride had the best HWs, but the fatal flaw for most of those guys (not the pudgy Russian though) was: they never saw a punch they didn't want to get hit in the face with.

Carwin with Pride testing policies would be the hardest hitter in the history of MMA, with a strong wrestling pedigree. A 290lb wrecking ball.

Nog and Sergei couldn't avoid his bombs. Werdum would die to death, he's not getting Shane to the ground. Cro Cop was a bully and Shane comes forward. Mirko gets mauled bu that gorilla. Aleks-Shane would be nasty, brutish and short. Fans win that one. Hunt-Carwin would show Shane as a wrestler and Hunt had zero ground back then. What's Barnett gonna do with XXXXXXXXXXL Pride gloves are smashing his head?

That leaves Fedor. Fedor isn't going to stand there and get punched. But based on the results that one time he fought a 290lb guy who knew what he was doing on the ground, that would be a sick fight.

Carwin was a beast but the guys you're referring to we're in absolute primes at that time. Nog would sub him 10 times out of 10 an I reckon Barnett would sub him about 7 times out of 10. Cro cop would maul him with superior striking and the left high kick of death, I believe Hunt could KO him but I think Carwin would take him down and destroy him more often than not. I think you underestimate how good those guys were at that time, and as for Fedor...well, he would've taken his dick out and slapped Carwin with it if he had wanted to, Fedor beats him every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Phone Post 3.0

How does Nog get the fight to the ground? Carwin won't be overpowered, Nog's takedowns are severely lacking. How do you see this happening? I don't. I see Nog's no headmovement jabbing vs. Shane's no headmovement bomb throwing on the feet.

Barnett absolutely could sub Shane or any man in MMA (He has prime Nog kneebah'd but time ran out), but the same question applies here. How does Josh get the fight to the ground without taking too much damage?

Cro Cop was a great hammer, lousy nail. 

No weight cut and able to juice as much as he wants would have made him the scariest fighter in thatdivision

Nog wouldn't be able to get him down and would get ko'd

Mirki may be too fast for him on the feet but I don't see him being able to defend the takedowns and would get tko'd or decisioned

Anyone not named fedor would get wrecked

As hard as Shane hits, I can't see him knocking out the Nogueira of Pride. That Nogueira's chin is easily one of the hardest the sport has ever seen, probably in the top ten, if not top five.

Can Carwin last a 10 minute Round IF need be? I doubt it...

Dude would have been a killer, though.

Proteus The Invincible - As hard as Shane hits, I can't see him knocking out the Nogueira of Pride. That Nogueira's chin is easily one of the hardest the sport has ever seen, probably in the top ten, if not top five.

Probably in the Top Ten? WOW!

Carwin vs. Sergei, Aleks, Mirko or Igor would have been spectacular!

ssj - if Lesnar could sub Carwin how the fuck could Nog not, lol

there was alot of big HW punchers in PRIDE, and they lost there too

Brock can wrestle. He can't do much else, but he can wrestle. Nog can't. 

Carwin is a monster puncher with a legit wrestling background and was an athlete. 

He'd be a one man mythbuster 

Big Pookie - Carwin vs. Sergei, Aleks, Mirko or Igor would have been spectacular!

Total insanity. Very quick fights I'd imagine. 

ssj - 
Bobby Lupo - 
ssj - if Lesnar could sub Carwin how the fuck could Nog not, lol

there was alot of big HW punchers in PRIDE, and they lost there too

Brock can wrestle. He can't do much else, but he can wrestle. Nog can't. 

Carwin is a monster puncher with a legit wrestling background and was an athlete. 

He'd be a one man mythbuster 

so was randleman ..

as mentioned before juicing isnt as big a deal when everyone is doing it

Randleman was a one dimensional takedown guy. He had no striking or BJJ at all. That said: he still managed to become UFC champ, KO Mirko and almost break Fedor in 2.

Carwin is one of the hardest hitters in the sport's history, is pushing 3 bills without a max weight, a BJJ purple and a division II NCAA champion. 

The same Shane Carwin that lost a fight to due Lactic Acid?

The same Shane Carwin that Brock tapped out with a white-belt submission?

He'd do as well as any other American HW was doing in the Pride HW Division at the time, which was, uh....

He'd be like the second coming of Dan Bobish.

Tilla - The same Shane Carwin that lost a fight to due Lactic Acid?

He'd do as well as any other American HW was doing in the Pride HW Division at the time, which was, uh....

The same carwin who finished everyone apart from brock and jds in the first round, and almost took brock out too, his skillset is a nightmare for most guys. Phone Post

10min first round is a bitch though. 

I could spank it to this. Phone Post 3.0

Devlin - 

The same carwin who finished everyone apart from brock and jds in the first round, and almost took brock out too, his skillset is a nightmare for most guys. Phone Post

Spoken like Brock was an Animal.

Junior used Shane as punching bag for 25 minutes. Shane looked like the Toxic Crusader after that fight. He was NEVER in the fight.

Tilla -
Devlin - 

Spoken like Brock was an Animal.

Junior used Shane as punching bag for 25 minutes. Shane looked like the Toxic Crusader after that fight. He was NEVER in the fight.

Brock was an animal....

And it was 15 minutes clever guy....... Phone Post

^did.you see the fights your talking about? Phone Post

Carwin kills them all.

Devlin - 

^did.you see the fights your talking about? Phone Post

Yep.

Lol @ Brock being an Animal! Just another product of the Zuffa hype machine...

What did Carwin do to Junior that made it such a great fight? Dude got beaten down for 15 minutes.