Prime Shogun Rua vs Jiri Prochazka

Shogun in his prime had an iron chin. Jiri not so much.

Shogun & Liddell both KO Jiri in their primes

4 Likes

I gotta agree here. Jiri is tough and a great character but heā€™s far too wild and raw at this point to be in the discussion with legends like Shogun

I donā€™t like doing this but we gotta mention prime shogun was in prime steroid days of MMA also

Glover nearly TKOā€™d Jiri. Chuck and shogun in their primes would both have their way with Jiri on the feet

1 Like

LHW has regressed so much that even HW looks better right now

1 Like

Prime Shogun, and I like Jiri.

Just like all of his opponents at that time. Not sure what the point is of that comment.

Itā€™s just a note when comparing a modern Usada fighter to a pre-usada fighter in their pre-usada prime. In a lot of cases it is not a like for like comparison

Everyoneā€™s on steroids

2 Likes

Maybe. But there is a big difference to then and now

Shogun all Day!

1 Like

Prime Shogun was legendary

6 Likes

Prime Shogun with soccer kicks and stomps and Jiri doesnā€™t even take the fight. The UFC ruleset neutered Shogunā€™s strengths.

Was that prime Shogun?

2 Likes

Lol at a 42 year old ANYBODY being the best version of themselves. Drop the delusions, itā€™s because the division fucking SUCKS

1 Like

GLOVER almost tore Janā€™s head off and beat the absolute shit out of Jiri. Iā€™d say heā€™s relevant. That being said. I think prime Shogun destroys Jiri. No question.

4 Likes

Glover certainly didnā€™t look his age in there the last few times, he looked sharp and focused. Iā€™ve also met Shogun and he was much smaller than I expected. I think it would be a competitive fight, Jiri has some intangibles

2 Likes

ApprehensiveEarlyAlpinegoat-size_restricted

3 Likes

Prime Shogun via soccer kicks of death

2 Likes