Primerica (health, life, auto & etc) Insurance

Ive read a lot of mixed results from them online. I even went into the office to have them analyze my parent life insurance and they sort of blew me away with how fucked over we were getting fom the insurance policies we had. They couldnt do much for my auto though.

My question is does anyone have any real experience with them. Working or a customer. A girl a met who is now my gf is offering me to be her partner with visions of opening up her own branch. She has her own team and right off the bat i can partner with her and start off at 60% commision as a division leader. Shit getting my parents life insurance makes me $1500 and its an actual life insurance policy that wont take away from face value or over lapse.

Personally it feels to good to be true but when they explained it to me; it came off extremely honest except for the recruiting part.

So as always I come to my fellow OGers for advice =)

is that one of those MLM deals?

StevetheWeasel - 
forrestfan - is that one of those MLM deals?

Yeah. Shady pyramid scam. Every person that's ever been involved with them regrets it.

Oh really? I was with them a few years back and have no regrets. It wasn't all roses and peachy, but no regrets doing it. The ONLY company with a MLM like structure that is good IMO. And I've seen quite a few.

And from a consumer standpoint, the difference we made for our clients was astounding - simply by doing what anyone in the industry could do but didn't as they'd make more cash doing legal but unethical crap.

Can you get cheaper rates elsewhere? Sure. 100s of companies out there. But the overall strategies and education we did for middle class families is something to be proud of. I'm years away from being involved with them and still look favorably to my time there.

StevetheWeasel -
forrestfan - is that one of those MLM deals?

Yeah. Shady pyramid scam. Every person that's ever been involved with them regrets it.
There's a primerica office at the office complex I work at and one day this guy comes up to me in the parking lot as I'm leaving and turns out he's a primerica guy and trying to get me to go to their lectures or whatever later that day... I'm like Ya whatever I'll go (even tho there was no way I was) and he's like cool what ur name and number so I gave him my name and I gave him my number but with the last digit a different number so he doesn't have my real number. Next day I get a call from this guy.. Somehow he found out my number even though I gave him a different number than mine and is like why didn't u show up? And saying weird shit like "if you knew what I did you would do it to!" Phone Post 3.0

Acidic - 

Ive read a lot of mixed results from them online. I even went into the office to have them analyze my parent life insurance and they sort of blew me away with how fucked over we were getting fom the insurance policies we had. They couldnt do much for my auto though.

My question is does anyone have any real experience with them. Working or a customer. A girl a met who is now my gf is offering me to be her partner with visions of opening up her own branch. She has her own team and right off the bat i can partner with her and start off at 60% commision as a division leader. Shit getting my parents life insurance makes me $1500 and its an actual life insurance policy that wont take away from face value or over lapse.

Personally it feels to good to be true but when they explained it to me; it came off extremely honest except for the recruiting part.

So as always I come to my fellow OGers for advice =)

I"m sure you can get quotes online from normal companies like Allstate, StateFarm, Geico, etc.

Anything else in other words.

I can only speak on the Property and Casualty side of financial services, but.

They are rated a- by AM Best.  My brokerage best practices will not recommend a service to our clients that is not rated "a" or higher.  They were also "Under Review" for a few years which means the Department of Insurance was considering wether or not to delist them.

They are referral sources, not brokers.  So as an employee, unless you have your P&C license you are not eligible for a commisision under federal law.  I would also be wary of a broker who is in it "part time"

And to OP, Primaerica only offers Term Life Insurance not Whole Life which is why you got a great deal. I think the push is to take the premium delta and invest into their financial services. Take a look at your parents renewal and see if they are still competitive.

Good luck and circle back around to update us.